Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piratemouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 01:42 PM
    Bond required to make deposits
    I am the on-site manager for a 7 mobile home park in Montana. My boss, the property owner came to me today and stated that he was told that I would need to be bonded to make the deposits ( rent deposits )

I have been in a few different business settings and have had friends and family work in different services that require them to make bank deposits and have never heard of this requirement.

I've searched online but am clueless on what bond I would be required to have, the amount of the bond or what it would cost me. My credit score is not all that great, neither are my family members that I live with.

What should I do to go about getting one or was I just given a load of smoke?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2013, 02:25 PM
    A bond is insurance. It protects the owner if you abscond with the payments. Whether it is a legal requirement or not, he can make it a requirement. Talk to any insurance agent about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord required additional deposits besides security [ 10 Answers ]

I've leased a property for a year. Now it's time to renew the lease for another year and has decided to raise the rent and security deposit to match. I understand these items are normal, but she has also decided that now she wants 2 months security deposit for the water bill (even though it is...

What type of Bond is required for construction cleaning? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am Alan and I am fairly new to the commercial cleaning industry, although my parents have owned a small cleaning company for ~12 years. My intent is to grow this business beyond what my parents ever imagined, but for now, small steps will do. - I'm 20 after all, but excited to get...

Bond Valuation and Changes in Maturity and Required Returns [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose Hillard Manufacturing sold an issue of bonds with a 10-year maturity, a $1,000 par value, a 10 percent coupon rate, and semiannual interest payments. A) Two years after the bonds were issued, the going rate of interest on bonds such as these fell to 6 percent. At what price would the...

Can a salaried employee be required to make up time they were docked for? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee. Last week I was out for 2 days dealing with kidney stones. I didn't have any accrued time to use because I used it all when I was in the hospitalized in January for the same thing. My check for the week was docked for the 2 days that I missed. Upon my return my boss told...

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

View more questions Search