Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piggrabb88 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Washer makes water pipes bang
    Our new washer makes pipes bang when water fills up washer.
    The old one didn't do this. Is it just loose pipes or is it the washer
    Causing this problem? They seem tight on ceiling.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2013, 10:08 AM
    You need to go to where you can get at a section of pipe on each side and install a T with a capped off pipe going up to create an air pocket. Make the pipe as long as you can fit it in the wall or wherever you put it. It is best to install an air valve at the top so you can pump air into it after it has absorbed the trapped air. That may be what has happened in your house. There may have been these installed but the air was absorbed over time. Another solution, and the best one is to install expansion tanks on the cold and hot water lines. Go to this site: Expansion Tanks for Cold & Hot Water Systems | Wessels Tank Co. or: Taco-Hvac: Expansion Tanks or:
    Expansion Tanks Sale, Up To 70% Off Expansion Tanks , Compare and save - compare99.com
    You can get inexpensive expansion tanks at the last site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bang/Tapping in pipes when water is not moving [ 0 Answers ]

I just moved into a townhouse. When I spent a night there a few weeks ago, I didn't notice any odd noises. Now that I am moved in, I notice lots of banging/clicking/fluttering noises that are present when NO water is flowing, the noises are even at night. It sounds like rattling check valve...

Running hot water in bathroom pipes bang and water stops! [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water pipes in the bathroom start banging then stop the water flow every time they are turned on. It doesn't happen in the kitchen.

Hot water pipes bang on closed loop boiler system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Smith GV100W Propane Gas Boiler that is 13 years old. I getting a loud hot water pipe banging at the beginning of the cycle before the boiler comes. The gauge on the boiler shows less than 10lbs pressure currently. The hot water baseboard heating works fine except for this. I...

Shower faucet makes loud bang and water stops [ 1 Answers ]

Shower faucet when turned on full makes loud bang and water stops

New Boiler makes pipes and radiators bang [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our 28i Junior Boiler was fitted, and when we have the heating on we get a banging very loud that "travels" if we turn the valve on the radiator - temporarily stopping then moving to the next one. We have bled all the radiators several times, without helping, a plumber who was doing...

View more questions Search