Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cazo05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive
    I have IBM R32 laptop that doesn't recognize CD Rom drive in My computer or Device manager. If I swap CD drive with Floppy drive computer recognize Floppy drive. If I put that CD Rom drive in another IBM laptop that laptop recognize him and it works OK. When I put CD Rom drive in IBM R32 laptop it spins and open/close with no problem.
    Any help?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 5, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Is the CD-ROM recognized in the BIOS?

If the drive gets power and is detected by the BIOS, it seems likely it might be a Windows issue on the one laptop.
    cazo05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Cd-rom isn't recognized in the BIOS
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 6, 2007, 11:42 PM
    I suspect the connection between the laptop's main board and the drive bay has been damaged.

It's still possible the CD drive itself is flakey, but given that you can set it up and get it working in the other laptop, that seems unlikely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't recognize cd/dvd drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Sometimes my computer will not recognize my cd/dvd drive . When it doesn't recognize the drive its like it lost power. The door want open, no light will light up.I ckecked to see if my computer showed my other drives, and it does just not cd/dvd drive. I can shut down my...

Help me with my toshiba satellite laptop cd rom drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm having problems with me cd rom drive. I have a toshiba satellite laptop. The cd drive plays data discs, but when I use it to play audio cd's, it plays them in slow motion. I've tried using different programs for running my audio cd's but the result is still the same- music played in...

Drive Does Not Recognize SOME CDs [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an iPod, so I've been transferring songs from old purchased music CDs to my computer. Some work fine, but others are not being read by my hard drive. They are not corrupted, nor is my drive damaged. I updated my iTunes, rebooted, did everything I can possibly think of... but the...

Cd-rom drive is busy [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings! I try to install from a cd and get the following message "cd-rom drive is busy, close all other programs and try again (sometimes it helps to eject the disk and reinsert it)" The cd is working properly on other pcs.Any help is welcome!

I've lost my cd-rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

We had a power loss (surge?) this am (chimputer was on w/surge protector), upon power restoration, I rebooted comp and neither of my dvd/cd drives are being found. When looking in the device mngr there is a little ! Next to the drives. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it did not help:confused....

View more questions Search