Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjmlewwis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 02:17 AM
    Fell on bottom, coccyx really hurting,what is best? hot or cold packs
    Fell backwards on my bottom and hurt my coccyx, really painful, what is best treatment? Hot or cold pack
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 20, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Very tiny bone and more easily broken in women. Warm baths and sit on a donut shaped cushion till discomfort goes away.
    szissa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 04:55 AM
    Cold packs are used to reduce inflammation and associated pain. Hot packs are used to bring nutrients to the area and help speed up recovery. A good remedy for an injury to the coccyx is Ruta (homeopathic). For a fall Ruta grav 6cH should help. Please reply for more information on how to take the remedy, etc.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 20, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Ditto to all the above.
    Cold is to reduce swelling at the beginning (first few days, 15 minutes every 4 hours), plus heat to promote healing.
    Tylenol is for pain, ibuprofin is for inflammation. I often take one of each for all my aches and pains.
    You might want to lie on your side as much as you can, turning every 30 minutes to the other side, knees slightly bent, to keep as much pressure as possible off the bone. If you use a heating pad, put a damp washcloth between it and your back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiator is hot at the top and cold at the bottom [ 1 Answers ]

Radiator is hot at the top and cold at the bottom

Front bottom tooth fell out [ 1 Answers ]

My front bottom tooth has fallen out I don't know what to do

How Do I Shave the Bottom Parts On My Vagina Lips Without Hurting Myself? [ 22 Answers ]

Okay, I know how to shave and everythinqq but the problem is I don't know how to shave the bottom part, like the part that's like next to my thighs . The rest I can but I'm scared to shave the bottom part because I can't even see if I shave it so I might end up cutting my **** or something. Any...

HEATER HOT at the bottom cold up, why? [ 1 Answers ]

My heater is hot at the bottom up to the middle and then is start to be lukewarm... Is anyone knows why?? And actually what can I do to fixt me? I cannot trust on m landlord I will wait a month and thousands call before help.PPPPPlease Help me. Thank you

View more questions Search