Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilud2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 19, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Please help.
    Hi I'm in grade 6 and I have a really huge crush on this girl who goes to my church but I only get to see her every 2-3 weeks and only in the winter anyway I need to do something when I do see her. We've never talked and I don't have her email. I first want to become friends than maybe move on anyway I'm kind of shy when I'm around her I'm in grade 6 and her in 7 but she doesn't go to my school. So please tell me what I should do!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Talk to her and get to know her. That is the first step. Go up to her and say hello.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Next time you see her ask her if you can call and get to know her.
    -

Nov 23, 2013, 11:14 AM
    What should I say
    So I have a crush on this girl that goes to our church and I guessed her email and got it right and she asked who it was and I told her It was me. I want her to like me but I don't know what to say. I'm too shy to talk to her in person so please help me
    Expert

Nov 23, 2013, 12:48 PM
    Maybe start by explaining to her why you guessed at her EMail, to contact her and be honest, you were to shy to ask her for it in person. Never try to make someone like you, just be yourself, and be honest, and put your best foot forward and see if she likes that person.
    -

Nov 23, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe start by explaining to her why you guessed at her EMail, to contact her and be honest, you were to shy to ask her for it in person. Never try to make someone like you, just be
    yourself, and be honest, and put your best foot forward and see if she likes that person.
    thanks I will try
    -

Nov 28, 2013, 10:50 PM
    Ok so I shared texting her more and now were sort of friends but we haven't met in person. Recently she has asked me to meet her somewhere and I'm kind of nervous. I don't know what to do please help me
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 10:58 PM
    Where are you meeting? She asked you so that should take some of the pressure off. Just talk to her. Do your parents know you are meeting this girl?
    -

Nov 28, 2013, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Where are you meeting? She asked you so that should take some of the pressure off. Just talk to her. Do your parents know you are meeting this girl?
    I am catholic so I go to church every Sunday and so does she. Our families both stay awhile after mass so she told me to meet in the basement and no our parents don't know and no I'm not telling them
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    I am catholic so I go to church every Sunday and so does she. Our families both stay awhile after mass so she told me to meet in the basement and no our parents don't know and no I'm not telling them
    Why do you have to go to the basement to talk? Can't you talk with your parents around and with other churchgoers still about? Meeting in the basement sounds creepy and sneaky. I'm surprised she'd be willing to go there since she doesn't even know you.
    -

Nov 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why do you have to go to the basement to talk? Can't you talk with your parents around and with other churchgoers still about? Meeting in the basement sounds creepy and sneaky. I'm surprised she'd be willing to go there since she doesn't even know you.
    I don't know why she said there can you please just answer my question
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2013, 11:18 PM
    First of all, I would refuse to meet her in the basement. If an adult sees you going there or finds you there, you could get into big trouble. (What's in the basement? Will there be people down there?)

What to talk about -- school (favorite and worst subjects), favorite foods, sports, Christmas, siblings, pets, songs you like, bands and groups you like, TV shows, movies.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 03:22 AM
    You both are too young for this which is evident by your sneaking and not knowing how to behave.
    -

Nov 29, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    First of all, I would refuse to meet her in the basement. If an adult sees you going there or finds you there, you could get into big trouble. (What's in the basement? Will there be people down there?)

What to talk about -- school (favorite and worst subjects), favorite foods, sports, Christmas, siblings, pets, songs you like, bands and groups you like, TV shows, movies.
    Thanks for the subjects and we are allowed to be down there and yes there will probably be other people down there

Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You both are too young for this which is evident by your sneaking and not knowing how to behave.
    Not knowing how to behave? She told me to go down there because we have never met in person. And there will be other people in the basement. It's not like she asked me to go anywhere where it will just be the two of us
    Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 08:24 AM
    Is your church basement a normal place for people to be? Are there things going on there for the young people? When you see people having a problem grasping what you are saying then explain instead of getting impatient.

Back in my day the basement was where all the bible classes where. How about this basement YOU are talking about?
    -

Nov 29, 2013, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Is your church basement a normal place for people to be? Are there things going on there for the young people? When you see people having a problem grasping what you are saying then explain instead of getting impatient.

Back in my day the basement was where all the bible classes where. How about this basement YOU are talking about?
    Yes this basement is a normal place for people to be
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 08:38 AM
    Why are you not telling your parents you're meeting this girl? Do they allow this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    Yes this basement is a normal place for people to be
    In other words, you and the girl don't want your family members to see you talking with each other and then get hit later at home with a bunch of nosy and embarrassing questions like -- "Who was that you were talking to?" and "How do you know that person?" (I'm trying to remember how I would have felt and thought at your age.)
    Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up. Say hi, and put your best foot forward and lead with how glad you are to meet in person, and tell her why you made contact with her in the first place, and make eye contact. Just be yourself without the fear, or try not to show it. Admitting you are nervous may not be a bad idea if you follow through with a few simple social skills. The first being if she is with friends acknowledge them too, with a simple friendly greeting.

Its not as bad as you think, if you keep it real and don't expect to impress but to present yourself. Friendly and happy go lucky and casual is a good presentation and have some faith in yourself. Church is your common theme here, and a good place to start any conversations. Above all just go with the flow and relax, and see what happens. Don't worry if she likes you, its just a step in putting a face to someone who has been texting her. Natural curiosity on her part.

Its just a first meet, not a confession, and besides your own fears, she may have them too. Especially with her friends around. Short and sweet is probably your best bet. Paying attention and being confident in yourself and NOT just wrapped up in your own feelings and fears is a must do.
    -

Nov 29, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Thank you talaniman and wonder girl about the questions from my parents that is exactly why

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search