Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    So you said meeting girls when the time is right I AM TRYING HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO MEET GIRLS WHEN YOUR SAYING TO WAIT AND WAIT. And yes I play sports I have soccer for 2 hours three nights a week
    Calm down, calm down!

Do the two of you have friends your age and who attend this church too? Why not meet together as a group after church? That way you can still get to know her but in the safety of a group (and your family won't tease you).
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 9, 2013, 10:14 PM
    You are sounding awfully desperate for a 6th grade boy. What is the hurry?
    Ilud2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 10, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Calm down, calm down!

Do the two of you have friends your age and who attend this church too? Why not meet together as a group after church? That way you can still get to know her but in the safety of a group (and your family won't tease you).
    No I don't have other friends at this church
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2013, 03:37 PM
    If you talk to this girl, as a friend, in the same area that all the other people gather and socialize after church, there is nothing wrong with it. If you go off to another room to be alone or to make sure your parents or whomever don't know you're talking to a girl, you are sneaking around. If you try to see her to make her your girlfriend, you're too young and that's not appropriate. It's OK to have a crush on a friend at your age, but you need to only see girls with groups, and with adults present at your age. Does that make sense? Some other kids might have girlfriends, but it is truly way too young by several years. Don't rush it, and remember what they say IN church, not just what you want to do after church!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    No I don't have other friends at this church
    Wouldn't hurt to make a few, both boys and girls. A friendly reputation among those she knows helps that first impression.

May ease your nervousness and hers too since it's highly unlikely to ditch her friends for a private conversation. Interaction with her friends works for you in many ways.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2014, 07:18 AM
    I can understand you being uncomfortable with this new experience and the maybe unwanted attention but it may not be as bad as you think.Take it as a sign of parental approval. You must have gotten to know this girl pretty well.

That's good too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search