Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Talk to her where everyone else is socializing. It will make both sets of parents more comfortable with you being friends. Just being friends is age appropriate for now, and you can both join the teen activities at church when you 're old enough to be one better friends. If you start sneaking around, nothing good will come of it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 29, 2013, 08:49 PM
    I agree with dontknownuthin, sneaking around is not good.
    Ilud2 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 30, 2013, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I agree with dontknownuthin, sneaking around is not good.
    Can you guys please understand that we're not sneaking around
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Don't get riled young guy, we know you aren't sneaking around, or ready to talk to your parents about this crush. That's normal for your age and unless I miss my guess they probably know more than they let on any way.

Had a few church crushes myself back in the day. Adults are always watching.
    -

Nov 30, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Don't get riled young guy, we know you aren't sneaking around, or ready to talk to your parents about this crush. That's normal for your age and unless I miss my guess they probably know more than they let on any way.

Had a few church crushes myself back in the day. Adults are always watching.
    Thank you for actually understanding how I feel
    Expert

Nov 30, 2013, 09:58 AM
    I was nervous as all get out. Just remember she has parents too, or may have different ideas of what to do about meeting you or interacting with you. Take your time and go slow and be yourself.
    -

Nov 30, 2013, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    i was nervous as all get out. Just remember she has parents too, or may have different ideas of what to do about meeting you or interacting with you. Take your time and go slow and be yourself.
    Thank you!!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2013, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    Can you guys please understand that we're not sneaking around
    What I mean by sneaking around is going off to some area of the church where your parents don't know where you went of who you are talking to. I understood that to be your plan.
    -

Dec 1, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    What I mean by sneaking around is going off to some area of the church where your parents don't know where you went of who you are talking to. I understood that to be your plan.
    I'm trying to say that my parents don't really care where I go in the church it's a small church and neither do hers and I am firmilier with the church because my mom works there and I have to spend hours there anyway
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilud2 View Post
    I'm trying to say that my parents don't really care where I go in the church it's a small church and neither do hers and I am firmilier with the church because my mom works there and I have to spend hours there anyway
    If it's a small church, undoubtedly Mrs.S0-And-So will notice you and this girl talking in the basement and will then mention it to your mom. I grew up in a small church (and my dad was the pastor) -- and couldn't move a muscle without someone reporting it to my parents.
    kellb08 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 3, 2013, 07:26 PM
    Why are you so wrapped up about a girl at your age? Do you play sports? Forget about girls for awhile and get in a game where you can run off some energy. You will meet a girl when the time is right, but right now you need to play and have fun with your friends. You are only this age for a very short time. Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 07:53 PM
    She told me to go down there because we have never met in person.
    This creeps me out. How do you get a crush on a girl, stalk her to the point where you guess her email, and luckily get it right, then meet in the church basement when you don't even have permission to date, when you haven't even met in person?

I cannot believe all the suggestions and advice people are giving this young child.

Why are you so wrapped up about a girl at your age? Do you play sports? Forget about girls for awhile and get in a game where you can run off some energy. You will meet a girl when the time is right, but right now you need to play and have fun with your friends. You are only this age for a very short time. Good luck!
    You only have six posts, and I tried to rep you (give an agree) and it tells me I have to spread the rep. I don't recognize your name yet, but obviously I agree with you, otherwise I wouldn't have to spread the rep before giving it to you again.

In other words, I couldn't agree more.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 09:16 PM
    Not everyone has given this kid advice on dating. I think he's too young as well. I thinking the whole thing is crazy. He has never even talked to her now he's meeting her in the basement.
    Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 09:27 PM
    Come on guys, the church basement is a public place where all the social activity is.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 09:43 PM
    Come on guys, the church basement is a public place where all the social activity is.
    Now I'm confused. Most of the people that I see posting here, tell other 11 year olds that they're too young to date. But this one it's okay, because he goes to church? Is that the case?

I went to church. I remember the church basement. After services there was no one there. It was for the youth group, for meetings, but on Sundays it was empty. The perfect place for two kids that are sneaking around because their parents don't want them dating, and which parent would want their 11 year old child to date?

But apparently I'm wrong since both of these kids go to church, so it's okay to break the rules.

Really not understanding. Did I miss something?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2013, 10:34 PM
    He wants to talk to her after church. He didn't mention dating her (yet). He wants to get to know her.

He mentioned in #14 that there will be other people down in the basement and "it's a normal place for people to be." (At my church, for instance, the kitchen is in the basement, and the after-church coffee and danish/cookie get-together is held there.)
    -

Dec 4, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Thank you wondrgirl can you guys understand that we are not trying to date?? We have never met in person. Am I talking to a wall??
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 4, 2013, 04:35 PM
    No you are not talking you a wall (no need to be rude) you are talking to a few adults that have a problem with kids your age meeting without your parents knowledge in the basement of the church.
    You can follow whatever advice you want.
    Expert

Dec 4, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Not everyone attended churches where the basement was a hub of activity ALL the time. I did. And a 11/12 year olds definition of dating is much different from the ideas of us older people.
    -

Dec 9, 2013, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellb08 View Post
    So you said meeting girls when the time is right I AM TRYING HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO MEET GIRLS WHEN YOUR SAYING TO WAIT AND WAIT. And yes I play sports I have soccer for 2 hours three nights a week

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search