Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abcdefghijk123 Posts: 99, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2013, 06:12 PM
    Does anybody know where to buy colored eye contacts?
    Hi everyone! My mom has recently asked me to make a Christmas gift ideas I would like. The only thing I can thing of is colored eye contacts, but I don't know where to get them. I would like them to be a deep blue, like a sapphire, (just like the ones Miley Cyrus wears in her latest videos). And please don't recommend any brands that irritate your eyes, and I would like them to last a long time (not for just a week). Thanks so much! I hope you can get back to me soon!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 18, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Non prescription coloured contacts are very dangerous for eyes. If they are not custom made to fit the cornea, (every person is different) it may cause permanent eye damage. If you already wear glasses, you can buy prescription coloured contacts.
    abcdefghijk123 Posts: 99, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Non prescription coloured contacts are very dangerous for eyes. If they are not custom made to fit the cornea, (every person is different) it may cause permanent eye damage. If you already wear glasses, you can buy prescription coloured contacts.
    But do you know where to buy them?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Start with a major supplier such as Walgreens or Costco once you have your prescription and OK from your opthahmologist.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijk123 View Post
    But do you know where to buy them?
    This is an international site; try the phone book for optometrists in your area, or Google. No one is going to sell you non prescription lenses for your eyes. They are damaging.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 04:20 PM
    I must chime in I had a friend who bought a pair from a halloween store. She wore them for a few months as they were labeled safe etc. She almost lost her sight. Only get contacts from a optometrist do not go elsewhere. I have no idea how stores can sell them when she was told by the ER doctor this is a common occurrence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye makeup for different colored eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I want my makeup done to compliment my eyes, but my eyes are two different colors. One is a bright blue color, and the other one is a really light green (it's almost white) any suggestions? Please an thank you!

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

Scratchy eye after contacts [ 14 Answers ]

Hey all, First off let me say that I searched the forum and couldn't find much related. I also tried looking on Google and couldn't find much related (too much advertising garbage out there). I wear "Night & Day" Contacts which are approved for overnight wear. I wear them overnight. I...

Eye contacts only [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crush on a guy he is with me in the university's bus We just look to each other all the time and I really like him! I don't know how does he feel! And I don't know why doesn't he come and talk with me! If he doesn't really like me so why does he look at me When I am not looking at...

Colored Contacts [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm thinking about getting colored contacts maybe dark green or blue but my skin tone is like a natural tan but a bit darker but I don't want any fake looking contacts that makes it look obvious that it's not my natural eye color. I'm not into copying celebrities but I liked Vanessa William's...

View more questions Search