Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2scared Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Any information-greatly appreciated
    ** I understand you guys are not lawyers, but if you have any advice or information, please don't hesitate to post.

I have been in a child custody case with my ex for about 3 years... his sister called cps out of spite and it has started a tornado affect of nonsense. I can't explain it to myself, my family, or anyone else. My ex was bad into drugs but was the money maker in our relationship. He is in jail right now for 4 charges.. including child endangerment... If that tells you anything. He is 7 years older than I (I am 24).. And I had just lost my mom and in a bad place when I met him. He and his mom have teamed up to to make my life hell. To get to the point, I got away from him, moved in with my dad... got clean and got a new job. I was doing SO good until last Monday. I went out and ran I told friends who I have alienated due to my embarrassing situation... They all are good people, with good jobs.. But had a little cocaine. I messed up.. and I did about 5 lines of it. I will NEVER understand why. Probably trying to be cool.. I absolutely hate myself right now and am reaching out for any advice. I just got an email from my lawyer that was a PDF of a court order asked to be sign by my exes moms attorney. If it all gets signed by the DA and whoever, it is ordered that I take a 10 panel urine screening and a 10 panel hair follicle. Within 24 hrs of everyone's signatures. I don't know how long it takes to get everyone to sign it... there is about 6 people that need to agree to it... including my attorney. It includes a urine EtG alcohol( which I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to have alcohol in my system) but that is what is says. And a urine/ hair screening for methadone... I don't even know what that is. I have found some people online who claim to have passed a hair follicle by letting astringent, laundry detergent, and other stuff soak in hair 6 times a day as many days you can before test. I am also willing to cut my hair Very short if it will help. I also don't know if I should find a way to not take it. I haven't told my lawyer I messed up because he is court appointed and I'm scared. Before Monday I really didn't even drink either, maybe 7 times a month. But after Monday, I have been stressing so bad and drinking beer almost every night at home. My main question is do you think it's worth me risking to take or should I tell my lawyer I messed up? Or should I put off as long as I can... Willing to take a trip across states to " see my family for the holidays". Before this I have been at very hearing, vocal in trying to get my son back from my exs mom, I just can't believe I comprised everything I have worked for for 1 night of bs. Again, any info is appreciated.

Nov 18, 2013, 04:44 PM
    Mephedrone*** not methadone. Sorry, auto correct.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 08:57 AM
    To begin with, court appointed or not, your lawyer is your lawyer. He needs to know EVERYTHING in order to do the best for you. You've watched all those crime and law dramas to know what happens when you don't disclose everything to your lawyer, especially in a case like this. Telling him what has happened can help you.

With a lot of drug tests there are two things they're looking for. First is the drug strangely enough. The second is covering up. It doesn't matter if you're covering up nothing they're looking for the cover up because that is a sign that you're hiding something and that you're trying to hide or fool them. For example, the ETG test tests for a metabolite that is a result of alcohol digestion. This is a stable compound that stays in your system for 60-80 hours. If you try to get everything out of your system by drinking a lot of water, you might succeed in removing all this metabolite but when they look at relative concentrations of urea in your urine they'll see that you're trying to dilute it. You'll fail on dilution. Same thing if you show up with a buzz/pixie cut. Especially if they can prove you knew about the test before the hair cut.

None of this is setteling your mind I know. It isn't really supposed to. What you need to do is divulge your going ons with your lawyer. As well you need to find out why you did the drugs you did. Saying it was a moment of weakness isn't good enough. You can always say no. You wanted to do the drugs, it is evident in the result. You're resolve to say no was weak which means that you were centric on yourself and your troubles. While these troubles included your daughter they weren't concentrated on her. You need to realize that your troubles right now are volumes greater then you right now. You are the central cog but it is so much larger.

You need to be squeaky clean until this is all sorted out. You need to be thinking of your child and not have your child just be part of your greater problem.

Good luck.

Nov 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    To begin with, court appointed or not, your lawyer is your lawyer. He needs to know EVERYTHING in order to do the best for you. You've watched all those crime and law dramas to know what happens when you don't disclose everything to your lawyer, especially in a case like this. Telling him what has happened can help you.

With a lot of drug tests there are two things they're looking for. First is the drug strangely enough. The second is covering up. It doesn't matter if you're covering up nothing they're looking for the cover up because that is a sign that you're hiding something and that you're trying to hide or fool them. For example, the ETG test tests for a metabolite that is a result of alcohol digestion. This is a stable compound that stays in your system for 60-80 hours. If you try to get everything out of your system by drinking a lot of water, you might succeed in removing all this metabolite but when they look at relative concentrations of urea in your urine they'll see that you're trying to dilute it. You'll fail on dilution. Same thing if you show up with a buzz/pixie cut. Especially if they can prove you knew about the test before the hair cut.

None of this is setteling your mind I know. It isn't really supposed to. What you need to do is divulge your going ons with your lawyer. As well you need to find out why you did the drugs you did. Saying it was a moment of weakness isn't good enough. You can always say no. You wanted to do the drugs, it is evident in the result. You're resolve to say no was weak which means that you were centric on yourself and your troubles. While these troubles included your daughter they weren't concentrated on her. You need to realize that your troubles right now are volumes greater then you right now. You are the central cog but it is so much larger.

You need to be squeaky clean until this is all sorted out. You need to be thinking of your child and not have your child just be part of your greater problem.

Good luck.
    Thank you very muh for the response. It's weird, it did kind of settle my mind. I'm so lost right now, that it is just good to hear SOMETHING. I think I did what I did because this case has gone on for almost 4 years, and I have done everything that was asked and still have gotten nowhere. So whether I did it out of weakness, frustration or just basically tired of getting nowhere... the good thing is, I know I will never do it again. Drinking or not. It's not worth feeling this way. I'm going to tell my lawyer today... again, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Your opinions are greatly appreciated. [ 13 Answers ]

Okay... You all are my friends, I would like to think that. I have had nothing but help and positive answers on here, as well as trying to help others... Its time again... Im pregnant... again! There's no remorse... whatsoever... maybe at first. I was a little scared. I had my first baby at 18,...

Foot Help! Greatly Appreciated. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, recently my foot has been very tender, around the first metatarsal area. I visited Accident And Emergency, and had an X-ray on my Left Foot. Now, if it is a stress fracture, I was told that X-Rays cannot detect such injuries. Could the doctor have missed this? I've recently returned from a...

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, So here goes.. I am the custodial parent over my now three year old daughter. The Non-Custodial Parent, has nothing to do with her. When she was about 7 months old, I put Child Support against him, and he was court ordered to pay about 135 monthly, due to the fact, that he claims he is...

Would be GREATLY appreciated! [ 9 Answers ]

First off, I would like to apologize for the length of this. There are a few issues I would like to get ALL out on the table. So I moved to a different state 3 years ago and met my husband. I was 20 at the time and on my little party verge. We dated for a few months.. mostly partied and all the...

Opinions greatly appreciated [ 8 Answers ]

Hi: I am a 33 year old female. I am a pack a day smoker (sometimes a little more). Now, I must explain that I have been under a lot of stress lately, and have made a couple of bad decisions. I rarely drink, so when I do sometimes it hits me harder than I would hope for it to. I am now aware of...

View more questions Search