Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TPlecker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
    Male cat with swollen hard stomach
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my normally slender male neutered cat had a swollen belly that feels hard not squishy. I waited a few days to see if it went away prior to taking him to the vet to see if maybe he was just constipated. His behavior has not changed; still eats, drinks water, allows me to rub his belly and hold him, shows no discomfort at all. Took him to the vet for a check; no fever, no sign of worms (although they did deworm him), no signs of stomach distension or tumors/lumps, etc. They aspirated to see if there was fluid, and it only appeared to be air. The vet suggested to wait a week to see if any change... and there has been none. The ONLY thing I can think of is I changed his dry food, but he didn't seem to overly eat. I've since gone back to the 'old' food the past week. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Check out some similar questions!

My male cat won't let me stroke our female cat when he's around why is this? [ 1 Answers ]

My male cat is very dominant towards our female cat when it comes to me if I call our female over to give her a fuss he will run in front of my hand so I can't touch her so I can give him a fuss, if I call her name she looks very nervous if the male is in the room as well and won't come by me...

What does it mean my stomach is hard my breast are hard and tender I amgaging [ 5 Answers ]

My stomach sometime feel like it movement inside but I am always hungry,and sleepy.I am getting bigger and bigger.took two pregenacy test one was neavgtive the other one was positive.what does this means

Male cat crawling on stomach and sticking his butt up in the air [ 3 Answers ]

My male cat has started crawling on his stomach and sticking his butt up in the air. He is about 10 months old and has not been neutered. He is an indoor cat and has not exhibited this behavior before. He is also walking about meowing where previously he has been a quiet cat.

My cat has a slightly swollen hard belly [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has a slightly swollen hard belly and her poo is quite soft, she is happy with a wet nose and is eating fine I wormed her a couple of months ago, please help worried owner

My 2 year old male cat has a swollen lip! [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old cats bottom lip is swollen. It started about a week ago and has been bigger then gets smaller... It is now staying the same size. He is still eatiing and acting normal but will not let me touch or even get close to look at it. It has swollen to be over his bottom teeth. First I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.