Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tboisver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Need to write and balance this equation
    Need to write and balance correctly

Potassium hydroxide and Hydrogen nitrate react to form Potassium nitrate, Nitrogen monoxide, Iodine, and water.

Ive worked on this for 3 days now, to no avail! I write it, but can't seem to balance it correctly!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2013, 10:42 AM
    Where does the iodine come from? You have too many products.
    KOH +HNO3 = KNO3 + HOH.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write the balance equation [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please help me to complete this equation , I get the major product but I didn't how to write others.. :confused: 1- Al^3+ + NH4Cl + 3NH4OH... > Al(OH)3 + 2- Ni^2+ + NH4Cl + NH4OH + Na2S... > NiS + 3- Ca^2+ + NH4Cl + NH4OH + (NH4)2CO3... > CaCO3 +

Write the balance equation [ 5 Answers ]

I tried to solve my homework , but I face some problem Im not sure about it and another I can't solve it.. Im not sure about the solve , could you check if it is right or wrong 1- (Salt + dil. HCl) with Carbonate CO3^2- + 2HCl -----> CO2 + H2O+ 2Cl^-

Write a balance equation, as identify each type of reaction? [ 1 Answers ]

When solid sodium nitrate is heated, solid sodium nitrate and oxygen gas are produced. Solid bismuth(III) oxide and solid carbon react to form bismuth metal carbon monoxide gas.

Write and Balance word equation [ 1 Answers ]

Write and balance word equation: Potassium Chlorate when heated yeilds potassium chlorate and oxygen gas

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search