Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TAllen84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Child Custody without being Married?
    Hey this is my first time on here. I live in South Carolina. I have set up an appointment with an attorney for April 16. I have two small children ( 4 & 1) with my ex we have never been married. I have police reports regarding his mental state he threatens suicide even has attempted to cut his neck which I have proof on police reports and recorded messaged he has left on my answering machine. He doesn't call and check in on the kids or even to bother to see them on opportunities of them being at his fathers house. I know when he sees I am getting an attorney this is going to be a different ball game. What are your rights to your children when we are not married? Is this a pretty clean cut case with all of my written and verbal proof? If he works half the time and gets paid under the table (tax free) what do I do going about child support?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 01:30 PM
    I would say it should be clear cut ( but with family courts god only knows what they will decide at some point and time)

First of course mothers will nromally get the children unless there are seroius reasons not to. But most likely he can fight and get some visitation. You can and should fight to be sure it is supervised if he does get any.

You will get of course child support from him, on that, if you can show the house he lives in, give them bank account info, and the such, to show he is spending more money than he spends.

And of course it never hurts to mention to his boss paying him under the table how sad it would be for you to report them to the IRS and to the Labor board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Child custody [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Nevada and I have two children with my ex-boyfriend. To me I believe that he is unfit because he hasn't grown up, constantly goes out and parties, drinks a lot, can't get his financial life situated and only see's the kids when he wants to, sometimes he could go days without seeing them....

Child Custody [ 12 Answers ]

This is my first time to this site. I have noticed that there are several different questions about parents that abuse drugs and are in danger of losing custody. My question is similar. First of all, I was addicted to pain pills. I don't have a problem admitting that. But for over a year now I have...

Will being married help get custody? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much being married would help or not help in a custody battle?

Child Custody [ 6 Answers ]

My step daughters mother is tell her daughter that when she turns 16 (shes 5 now) that she can move in with her ( we have full cousty)... I thought this was up to a judge and not the child... can some one tell me if this is true?. Katrina

View more questions Search