Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaskiss77 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Confederate paper currency
    How can tell if my Confederate money real, new counterfeit, or old counterfeit? What is this value?
    pwooden Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Nov 14, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Only an expert can answer this question and they would need to examine the currency. Take it to a shop that buys and sells coins--they should be able to help you or refer you to someone who can. There should be no charge for this.

Nov 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwooden View Post
    Only an expert can answer this question and they would need to examine the currency. Take it to a shop that buys and sells coins--they should be able to help you or refer you to someone who can. There should be no charge for this.
    Is there a way to add photos to this web site

Nov 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Is there a way to add photos to this web site
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 21, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Yes, but condition is everything, unless you have a super rare bill, which is unlikely.
    Confederate money was also highly counterfeited, and reproduced.a lot in modern times.
    So it has to be seen in person.
    Check eBay for pictures and other info, to see what prices people are getting, and to learn about condition.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 21, 2013, 06:23 PM
    You can go to the counterfeit Confederate money sight and look up the serial number. Most all counterfeit money is registered there. https://www.google.com/search?q=conf...w=1675&bih=824

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate Currency [ 0 Answers ]

I have two confederate currency bills one is $100 with Richmond Nov. 20 186? Can't read the last number. The other is a $10 with Richmond February 17, 1864 curious what there worth

Confederate currency [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My father recently died and left some currency, mostly Canadian. There is however three paper currency notes that I need some answers on. I am in possession of the following three paper notes: Georgia - 1864 - $100 Florida - 1863 - $1 N. Carolina - 1862 - $1 Given that these notes can...

Gold vs Paper Currency [ 1 Answers ]

I've read how paper currency may become valueless;thus prudent for one to own gold bullion when it's going to be real bad out there economically speaking(ie. worst case scenario). Does this mean that in countries like USA, Canada, Great Britain, etc. and other developed countries that people will...

Confederate Currency Value [ 6 Answers ]

I have a CSA note dated Sept. 2 1864. It says its no. 18443. I will include the picture of the front which is like a black and whitish like color and the back which is greenish. http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/richiesangel0822/csa1.jpg ...

View more questions Search