Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imkatt2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
    Heater problems with my 1990's cal spa.
    My cal spa heater light does come on. It does heat up a little. I have even took the filter out and I have the same problem. I do not have a manuel for the spa. I miss my heat. I was told it could be the heating element. I don't know what it looks like to take it in to be tested. If it is the element, what does it look like and how do I take it off to get it tested? Does the spa have to be drained to take it off?
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Nov 14, 2013, 07:57 PM
    One doesn't remove the heater or element to test it. It needs to be tested hooked to the spa. Full of water and running. Is it getting proper voltage? If "no", it's a control problem. Is it pulling proper amperage? If "no", it's a bad element.

If you don't even know what it looks like, or how to find it, I would HIGHLY suggest calling in a qualified experienced tech. Takes about 5 minutes, at most, to diagnose. Maybe another 20 minutes to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater but does not stay on in my cal spa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 1993 Cal spa PS model. I turn on the heater and it comes on for a second then you can hear it shutting off. The little red indicator light comes on for a second too. Ant suggestions.. I did have it drained for a couple months but kept it convered. Thanks for any reply

How To Troubleshoot A Cal Spa Temperature Heater? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a cal spa serial # 6988 model v500... It was working great... we when to use it the next evening and heat was at 85 and would not heat past 85, Turned power off for few hours reset still did not heat past 85. EC mode set to 100, ST mode set to 100, Sl mode set to 100 still did no...

Cal spa heater not working [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2004ish used calspa. The gfci tripped and keeps tripping. I cleaned the wire terminals and installed a new gfci breaker, unplugged the spa pack inputs one by one and it still tripped. So I opened the spa pack and removed the heater leads from the terminals and the gfci does NOT trip...

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

View more questions Search