Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Hello p:
    maybe I should have just let him beat me
    You need a lawyer. You cannot fight this on your own. Some law firms do pro-bono (free) work. The better the law firm, the more likely they are to do pro-bono work.. It's gonna take some effort, but I'd put together some sort of a synopses of your case, and then email it to every large law firm in your city. Do some telephone work first.

If you got screwed like it LOOKS like you got screwed, some lawyer is gonna wanna help you... But, you gotta come clean from the get go. They are NOT gonna like pulling the facts out of you like you made us do.. If you do that, you'll NEVER find help.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
    excon has given some excellent advice. Please take it and when you have time please read the stickie posted here on the family law forum. It may help you understand alittle more about what is going on and how the process works.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...rs-499600.html
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 14, 2013, 06:23 PM
    I just got around to reading this thread.

Something is still very fishy.

I was clearly improper to take the child on an ex parte (without a hearing at which you are given an opportunity to attend and tell your side of things) basis. Even if she assaulted him in the past. I see no allegation having been made that the child was in immediate danger.

It's also improper to adjudicate paternity on an ex parte basis. Even if he allegedly has a DNA test which supposedly indicates he is the father

Either this is all wrong, or OP is still not telling us the whole story.

Legal aid is a joke in many parts of the country, but on the basis of what I'm seeing, she should contact the news media and raise holy Hell about this situation. If I was in this community, and if she is telling the full story, I would want to have a judge like this removed for gross misfeasance. And as someone else wrote, it appears that she should be able to find an attorney who would love to take this on a pro bono &/or contingent fee basis.
    perkalator Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
    I am telling everything right but it is getting worse now a lawyer says it was illegal for the judge to do what she did. She got in contact with the public defender who requested the files from the judges office when they got the files the second page 3 was missing the page that says she gave custody to the ex boyfriend is missing from the files how fishy is that ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by perkalator View Post
    I am telling everything right but it is getting worse now a lawyer says it was illegal for the judge to do what she did. She got in contact with the public defender who requested the files from the judges office when they got the files the second page 3 was missing the page that says she gave custody to the ex boyfriend is missing from the files how fishy is that ?
    VERY fishy! We told you it seemed illegal for the judge to do what was done. You have a copy of the second page 3 that you received from the father or the police, correct?

Are you retaining this lawyer who told you this? If so, I would have this lawyer file for an immediate order to return your son to you. Then go get him. Do you know where he and the father are staying?

Nov 15, 2013, 01:47 PM
    I'm not sure if I told you there was 2 page 3s in the order I received one granted him custody and had written in that he could pick up my son at day care the other page three did not state anything now the files the public defender got only had the page 3 that was with out the taking of my son
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
    So where are your two page 3s?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2013, 02:31 PM
    I'm not sure if I told you there was 2 page 3s in the order I received one granted him custody and had written in that he could pick up my son at day care the other page three did not state anything now the files the public defender got only had the page 3 that was with out the taking of my son
    Yes, I recall you saying that there were two page 3s, one allowing him to take your son, the other making no mention of it. So you have a copy with both page 3s, but the copy the public defender's office got from the court did not include this second page 3.

This is actually good for you. It shows that something went wrong in the judge's office and the father should not have been granted the right to take your son. Which means that a request to return your son should be filed immediately.

You never answered whether the judge signed the order or not. Also how did you get this lawyer? Did you check with the ACLU as I suggested?

Nov 15, 2013, 02:41 PM
    When I went to see the judge the other day the clerk called her and she said yes she had signed the order . The lawyer was an old friend of mine from years ago she is helping me out
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 06:23 PM
    If I am understanding this correctly, someone appears to have stuck a phony page 3 in the order which was served. It could be that whoever is responsible has committed a crime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The mother of my sons baby says she got full custody of their unborn baby... we live I [ 7 Answers ]

My sons baby mama says she got full custody of their unborn baby. We live in ca. Is this even possible? No notice no court date no violence no restraining orders WTH.

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

My son is 21 andrecieves ssi.he has a baby 1month old,can the baby's mother get child [ 2 Answers ]

My son is disabled and receives ssi benfits monthly.he cannot work at all.his girlfriend is trying to make him pay chid support.can she dio this and how?

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

View more questions Search