Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tenzin1279 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
    I didn't have a crown after root canal treatment.
    I had the treatment 2 years ago. Dentist suggested me to have a crown on the tooth. ( molar) but during the appointment for crowning I went back to my college hostel so I didn't get time. My tooth is weak and has a large hole. It moves when I move it. Do I need to crown it? Will I have to go through the painfull root canal treatment again?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
    If the tooth is that bad, holes and wiggles, you may need to remove it and get an implant. Why would you crown a loose tooth? Root canal should not be a painful process with properly injected numbing and possibly gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown after a root canal [ 1 Answers ]

The dentist wants to use some gold proseisour 2750.50.. at xtra cost of $175.00.. is that nessarry ? Tks.. richard

Root canal after crown [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently had a crown done and it became a root canal a few weeks later. The first time I had the crown done in April, the fit was incorrect and there was a space between my two molars which caused food to get trapped. It got heavily infected and hurt a lot. I had to go back and see the...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Root Canal/Crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had root canal and crown done 4.5 yrs ago, 6 months ago, I felt pain from that tooth, and got it checked lately... my dentist said that its infected and shaky... option given was either I extract it or redo the whole process of root canal and new crown? I thot root canal is ridding the...

Crown/root canal [ 6 Answers ]

I had a tooth ground down for a crown which then needed a root canal after the grinding. The first part of the root canal was fine. After the second visit, when filling the canals, the pain was intense and did not go away. Dentist gave me a shot of inflammatory medicine during which he hit...

View more questions Search