Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radha raman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Heat absorbed
    * For water (m.p. 0oC, b.p. 100oC) * Heat of fusion = 333 J/g @ 0oC * Heat of vaporization = 2260 J/g @ 100oC * Specific Heat (solid) = 2.09 J/goC * Specific Heat (liquid) = 4.18 J/goC * Specific Heat (gas) = 2.03 J/goC
    * Calculate the amount of heat (in kJ) that must be absorbed to convert 108 g of ice at 0oC to water at 70oC.

Check out some similar questions!

How much heat is absorbed by 300g of water when it is heated from 25 degree celsius t [ 1 Answers ]

How much heat is absorbed by 300g of water when it is heated from 25 degree celsius to 75 degree celsius? I need the explanation and the correct answer to this

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation? [ 6 Answers ]

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation?

Heat Energy Absorbed [ 2 Answers ]

A 300g piece of aluminum is heated from 30 degrees C to 150 degrees C. What amount of heat energy is absorbed? The specific heat capacity of aluminum is: 900 I tried doing this question.. and substituting it in the formula Q=m c DeltaT but I get a different answer from my teacher's answer. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.