Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
    How to be motivated
    Help. Don't know how to get motivated to do any sports or fitness when it's this cold. I gained 12kg in two months
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 07:07 AM
    I struggle with that as well. I use a couple of skills to motivate me.

1. I post on my Facebook page and make myself accountable to do it. I feel like I will be lying to people if I don't do it.
    2. I put on my exercise clothes as soon as I get home, pack my gym bag. That way I more likely to go as I am ready to go.
    3. I have a work out buddy (hubby). We try to not allow excuses from each other.
    4. I have back up plans if the weather is just too crappy to go out. DVDs, You Tube Videos for example.

It is hard to stay motivated that is for sure. I have been told after a month of doing an activity consistently it becomes a habit.
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Great ill try the packing the bags before heading to work. Thanks for your tips
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrann View Post
    I struggle with that as well. I use a couple of skills to motivate me.

1. I post on my Facebook page and make myself accountable to do it. I feel like I will be lying to people if I don't do it.
    2. I put on my exercise clothes as soon as I get home, pack my gym bag. That way I more likely to go as I am ready to go.
    3. I have a work out buddy (hubby). We try to not allow excuses from each other.
    4. I have back up plans if the weather is just too crappy to go out. DVDs, You Tube Videos for example.

It is hard to stay motivated that is for sure. I have been told after a month of doing an activity consistently it becomes a habit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting motivated? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get motivated to lose weight? (exercise and diet... )

Why can't I get motivated [ 3 Answers ]

Why does my stresses make me so less motivated to do things for myself?

Staying Motivated [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem with motivation-I can't stay motivated. Something sometime will spark something in me and I'll be so motivated, I'm ready for anything, and then a few days later it's all gone. I still am driven, but not as much. And the amount that I am driven doesn't help me accomplish much. How...

How Do I Stay Motivated? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a small business owner - Event Planning and Wedding Coordination. My company is about 3 years old. I am good at what I do and have never had a client that was not satisfied with my work. My problem is that, as my services are a luxury - not a necessity, I am really feeling the bad ecomony....

View more questions Search