Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2013, 05:54 AM
    I'm sure ex will explain better ;but I think he's saying that just being confined is the punishment ;and that further punishment inside is the double jeapordy . I am not following it beyond that contention. Cruel and unusual punishment may also be a factor in his thinking . But even something as common as being put on a work crew falls into his broad definition.
    If I'm wrong ,I'm sure I'll be corrected .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2013, 05:58 AM
    And I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I believe double jeopardy is in regards to legal proceedings, the prosecution aspect.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Hello clete:
    Ex is confusing the meaning of the amendments,
    Try to follow along.

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2013, 06:37 AM
    Hello again,

Tom has got it right. But, I'm not talking about working, or living, or even being yelled at if you screw up.. I'm talking about a concerted effort by the prison administration to inflict further punishment on you WHILE you're already enduring ONE form of punishment....

Just as an example, solitary confinement USED to be used as punishment for wrong deeds inside. Now, it's being used as a method of simply keeping the peace. There are 100's of 1,000's of men locked up a cell for 23 hours a day for the convenience of the STAFF.

It IS true, that you're ALL repeating what the clause NOW means. I'm talking about READING it again, and applying those words somewhere else...

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2013, 06:42 AM
    It IS true, that you're ALL repeating what the clause NOW means. I'm talking about READING it again, and applying those words somewhere else...
    yes ,SCOTUS has had many cases to screw the pooch into something unrecognizable by the founders.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2013, 06:44 AM
    Hello again,

Lemme explain further... In my travels as a convict, I happened to find myself incarcerated in the Pueblo County Jail in Colorado.. It WAS a place like I'm talking about. The inmates were treated with RESPECT. They realized that their job was to KEEP US INSIDE - NOT to inflict further punishment. I've NEVER seen another facility like that, and I'll probably NEVER see one again.

You MUST know that mistreatment of inmates is the norm. If you don't, take my word for it.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Hello Ex, Mistreatment is the norm, but its also profitable. That's why they build more prisons, MO' MONEY.

Thought a smart guy like you knew that.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Hello again, tal
    Thought a smart guy like you knew that.
    Of course, I KNOW it. What better reason is there to STOP it??

excon
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Good luck my friend, separating a rich guy from his money, and fighting through the zombie right winger protection agency for rich guys.

What's in your wallet?
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2013, 07:28 AM
    Hello again, tal:
    Good luck my friend,
    Yeah, it's an uphill battle. So?

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2013, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Good luck my friend, separating a rich guy from his money, and fighting through the zombie right winger protection agency for rich guys.

What's in your wallet?

LOL, get a mirror dude.
    Expert

Nov 15, 2013, 08:35 AM
    Okay, so I'm ugly, but I have a good heart. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Constitution [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: Let me ask you this. Assuming the Constitution is being violated by BOTH of the listed actions, which one are you willing to put up with, if any? Why? You may vote once, and your vote will remain confidential. excon

US Constitution [ 3 Answers ]

What part of the US constitution states that children cannot be charged for the crimes their parents commit? (example: father commits murder... son can't be charged with fathers murder)... Do you have an exact quote or site I could visit to see that law?

The you.S. Constitution [ 9 Answers ]

With a show of hands, how many people here have read every word of the U.S. Constitution? I'm having a hard time finding anyone that has done more than read parts of it. Thanks

I need help in the Constitution. [ 3 Answers ]

Why did the Articles of Confederation fail?

US Constitution [ 2 Answers ]

Compare two specific articles of the Magna Carta with articles or amendments found in the U.S. Constitution. In your opinion, why were these chapters important to incorporate into the Constitution?

View more questions Search