Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2013, 08:08 PM
    I'm a bit concerned about my boyfriend drinking lately what to do?
    I been with my boyfriend for a month now and the feelings for each other are mutual. Lately he's been drinking not around me but he has told me about it. I'm worried and concerned about his well being and I don't know if he has some issues going on with him. The 2 times he came to see me he was drunk and we were in public and he acted all loud and crazy and didn't even remember what happened. I do and I don't want to leave him and I hope he gets better since there has been a day or so when he didn't drink. I want to in a few months introduce him to family and friends, not like this. I haven't even told friends what is going on.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
    Why would you tell your friends?
    Tell him not to come around you when he's drunk and if it continues you see no future for you two. How old are you two?

Nov 12, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Why would you tell your friends?
    Tell him not to come around you when he's drunk and if it continues you see no future for you two. How old are you two?
    I'm 25 and he is 27.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
    So in the month you've been dating he's only been sober for a day or two?

there has been a day or so when he didn't drink
    I do and I don't want to leave him and I hope he gets better
    This relationship is only a month old. In this stage of the dating game you're usually on your best behavior, trying to impress your prospective mate. If this is how he's acting now it's only going to get worse down the road, when he's able to be himself and stop putting on a show to impress you, which he hasn't done.

After only a month you have nothing invested in this relationship. Leave now and save yourself the trouble. This isn't going to get better. You either accept him the way he is, or you leave. You won't change him, so if that's what you're hoping will happen, you're fooling yourself.

Good luck.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 05:08 AM
    Good points Alty. If he has only been sober a couple of times in the month you've been with him, this is who he Is. I would not have stayed around that long.

Nov 13, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So in the month you've been dating he's only been sober for a day or two?

This relationship is only a month old. In this stage of the dating game you're usually on your best behavior, trying to impress your prospective mate. If this is how he's acting now it's only going to get worse down the road, when he's able to be himself and stop putting on a show to impress you, which he hasn't done.

After only a month you have nothing invested in this relationship. Leave now and save yourself the trouble. This isn't going to get better. You either accept him the way he is, or you leave. You won't change him, so if that's what you're hoping will happen, you're fooling yourself.

Good luck.
    I think you're right :/ Yes that I know of he been sober for a day or two and I'm just assuming, it might have been more than that. I only know what he be been telling me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Hope this isn't the guy in your last post, but you cannot ignore his bad habits and behavior in the first month. Hoping he gets better is a bit naïve too, since he should be on his BEST behavior NOW.

Maybe you are being warned that it can get worse.

Nov 14, 2013, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Hope this isn't the guy in your last post, but you cannot ignore his bad habits and behavior in the first month. Hoping he gets better is a bit naïve too, since he should be on his BEST behavior NOW.

Maybe you are being warned that it can get worse.
    Nope this is a different guy. Everyone here is right, as hard as it is for me to do I have to leave. I do not know why it's hard for me to do. I have some feelings for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have been drinking a lot and just found out I am pregnant. Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been drinking a lot and just found out I am pregnant. I am 6 weeks along this week, but I have been drinking every weekend (until I found out)... about 3-5 mixed drinks... shots.. how much have I affected the health of my baby?

Drinking quite a bit before I knew I was pregnant! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I just found out that I'm pregnant today & for the last 3-4 weeks have been drinking alcohol quite a bit with my hubby. A bit during the week & have been to some big party's on the weekends (Mainly beer). I think its only early days, as its just a month now from my last period. (I've done...

Puppy not eating or drinking (got bit and had surgery) [ 5 Answers ]

My 4 month old puppy just got bit by our neighbor's dog last Friday. He was playful before and now he's scared of literally everything! And the problem is... he stopped drinking ever since. But he had some soft canned food the day after but stopped eating too after that. We were starting to...

View more questions Search