Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyorland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Timers
    I have three exterior light fixtures on a circuit controlled by two switches and am interested in installing an electronic timer in place of one of the switches.
    Will a timer work with the second switch still attached? Are there any other issues I need to consider?
    Andy
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
    So you have a light controlled by a set of 3-way switches. Whether you can install a timer depends on how the switches are wired and whether you have a neutral at the switch you want to replace.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
    Intermatic has a 3 way timer switch that includes the placement of a jumper at the second three way switch, according to this video:
    Intermatic ST01C 3-Way Timer Switch Installation - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma out door timers with P C and E digital timers that do they mean for setting [ 4 Answers ]

Noma outdoor timers with P C and E digital timer programming what do they mean for setting

Outdoor timers [ 1 Answers ]

Houw to you set outdoor christmas lighting timers?

CFL timers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello My new home has 6 soffit lights with CFL bulbs and one with a halogen bulb on the same switch. Will an electronic timer still not work if I have supplied a "resistive" load to the system by way of the halogen bulb? My electrician says this will not work without a huge mechanical time r...

Timers for Internet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up timers for my kiddos when they get on the Internet so that they can only stay on the Internet for a certain amount of time? Thanks- Ann

View more questions Search