Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alshattii94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2013, 08:01 AM
    Graph function / help me I will have exam after tomorrow
    1- Let f be the function whose graph is given:

http://i.imgur.com/mjUnWJa.png
    a) Estimate the value of f(2).

b) Estimate the values of x such that f(x)=1 .
    c) State the domain of f
    d) State the range of f
    e) On what interval is f increasing?

please help me because I will have exam after tomorrow
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 12, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Some hints:

a) If you read across the x-axis to the point x=2, and then go up to intercept the graph, what's the corresponding value of the y-axis for that point?

b) Read up the y-axis to the point y=1, then go horizontally across to intercept the graph - what's the corresponding value on the x-axis?

c) The domain of the function is the extent of the x-axis for which the function is defined. In this case, what's the least and greates values on the x-axis for which the graph exists?

d) The range is the extent to which the function maps to the y-axis. In other words - what's the least and greatest values of y that have a corresponding point on the graph?

e) Examine the graph - note that it has a positive slope (i.e slants up to the right) for part of it. The question is: for what values of x does the graph slope up to the right?

Post back with your attempt at answering these and we'll check them for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about Graph of a Function.. [ 1 Answers ]

Q: Draw the graph of the function: f(x) = x - for all x belongs to Note: i) Please explain the all steps with Graph ii) Its a Saw-tooth Wave function or Fractional Part Function

Question about Graph of a Function.. [ 0 Answers ]

Q: Draw the graph of the function:

How to graph the transformations of a function [ 1 Answers ]

How to graph transformations

I have tomorrow religion exam need help [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2omorrow religion exam Write asummary story of the exodus . Include each of the following stages Slavery of the hebrew popole in egypt 1- the burning bush ecounter

View more questions Search