Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fruztrated Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 02:02 PM
    When my boyfriend and I move out ,whose things are whose
    I live with my mom , my boyfriend moved in, he bought some of his things like a television with him, he has lived with us for a few years now. When my boyfriend and I move is that television still his?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
    Yes, logically - is there some reasoning you aren't mentioning? Such as he never paid a dime for rent or utilities or food or housecleaning or repairs or ---- what?

When people all live together and buy things or bring things of their own, the legal lines are a bit murky, but generally what's yours is yours and what's his is his.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Yes, logically - is there some reasoning you aren't mentioning? Such as he never paid a dime for rent or utilities or food or housecleaning or repairs or ---- what?

When people all live together and buy things or bring things of their own, the legal lines are a bit murky, but generally what's yours is yours and what's his is his.
    That's one difference between getting married and just living together.

• In the former case, a divorce court will divide marital assets equitably depending on well-established rules.
    • In the latter case, the law simply treats you as roommates. An the general rule there is, as Joy indicates, "yours is yours and what's his is his."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After all the bad things ex boyfriend done, you still cant move on.. [ 0 Answers ]

Hei everyone... so this is my story. I met him at a party. We didn't talk much, but every time he has the chance to talk to me, he talked. He finally asked for my number. After that, this is where all my world take a really big turn. He texted me the next morning, saying good morning. I didn't...

Boyfriend working overseas, How can I make things easier for myself and my boyfriend? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has had to move back home to work. Basically, so he can get some money together for a deposit on his own place back in London. It's overseas, so its both difficult and expensive to see each other. It's only 3-4 months, which in the bigger picture isn't really all that long, but he's...

Consiousness but can't move;feelling,hearing things at the same time? [ 4 Answers ]

Consiousness but can't move;feelling,hearing things at the same time? Look at this video,it will answer your doubts. http://www.theartofastralprojection.com/blog/5-more-signs-youre-about-to-astral-project

Is it time to move on or should I try to fix things? [ 22 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been through a lot in the last two and a half years of our relationship and I'm starting to have doubts. Here's the short version of what's going on: (I'm sorry, this is still going to be pretty long) My boyfriend and I got together in our first year of college. He left...

Can't Move On From Ex. Want to Work Things Out [ 20 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend of almost 7 years broke up with me almost a year ago. I haven't been able to move on, it seems like it just happened yesterday. I guess part of the problem is I didn't follow the "no contact" rule. Ever since the breakup, we would still see each other and talk on the phone, e-mail,...

View more questions Search