Ask
    Issey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
    Psycho therapist
    I am intrested in becoming psycho therapist. How much schooling will I need
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 11, 2013, 01:56 PM
    I think you mean physio (Physiotherapy) otherwise a sharp knife and a downwards slashing action is all that's really needed ;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
    You want to work with people's minds and emotions or their bodies and disabilities?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Psychotherapy requirements in the US vary some by state.
    You could get a Masters of Psychology, or an LSW, or in some cases a PhD such as for neurological assessment.
    For undergrad in college you need a good general education, and your major could be psych, or sociology, and you need biology and statistics. But you can go on to graduate school with a different major.

(The above was a joke because you said psycho separately.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to see a psychologist/therapist? [ 14 Answers ]

You may think I'm a worthless human being after reading this, maybe I am. I don't like that I am this way, but it's been how I have been for the longest time. I've told a few other people about these things, but they say "boo hoo, the whole teased at school routine, get over it" I may get that...

I need to see a therapist [ 4 Answers ]

I Hate me, I hate the person that I am. I Never liked me. I want to like me but how can I like me when No one else does. I am a 52 year old mother of 2. Married to a wonderful Man of 30 years. I have felt like this for most of those years. But I hide it very well. My husband knows that I am...

What if I have a therapist but still cut [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I convinced my parents that I needed a therapist for anger problems hoping that it help me stop cutting. But every time I go I end up feeling empty afterwards and going home and cutting myself. My parents don't know that I cut and I don't really want to tell them the therapy is not...

Is it possible to see therapist without giving ones name? [ 7 Answers ]

I've had some old issues resurface and I'd like to get some professional help. I don't need a diagnosis or medications, just someone to talk to privately. I don't want to give my name, just basically come with cash in hand and sign in as John Doe. It has nothing to do with anything illegal or...

View more questions Search