Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy2hsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2013, 05:36 AM
    stung by bee
    My 6yr old son got stung by a bee or wasp (we did not see it) on his cheek yesterday. We didn't have anything but generic Benadryl cream so we put some on it and he said it stopped hurting. He then went to church, however, when he came home his cheek and below the eye was a little swollen. My dad had brought some ammonia when I told him so we put that on it but didn't help since it was hours after the bite. I googled asking how to reduce swelling and tried a few home remedies like windex, ice, ibuprofen, and it seemed to be getting a little better. Unfortunately when we woke up its is bright red and his eye is almost swollen shut! Do I give him Benadryl for an allergic reaction or should I take him to the hospital? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Renee
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 05:40 AM
    I am not a nurse but would never advise puttng amonia, or windex on a child's face and if it is still swollen, yes I would seek professional help. He is having an allergic reaction, supposedly, to the bite. We can't diagnose on line, and offer the suggestion as a proper thing to do.

Seek help now, please. You have waited to long looking on the internet for advise for your child's health concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog was stung by bumble bee? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know what can I buy over the counter for the bee sting. She was stung twice. Onces in the mouth and onces on the side. I only want Positive feedback Nothing negative. I tried putting a cold wash cloth on the side and mouth. I also gave her some cold ice water. Her mouth is swollen up. If...

How do I help my dog whenhe got stung by a bee [ 1 Answers ]

I was walking my dog and a bee stung his back right thigh. He won't let me touch him but I felt the stinger in his leg. How can I get it out or prevent it from swelling?

My dog was bitten by a spider or stung by bee her eye is swollen what should I do [ 6 Answers ]

9 yr old golden went outside when I let her in her right eye was swollen shut, she is laying down, I am applying cold compresses and she wags her tail when I talk to her, wants to stay close by me... should I do anything else... left message at vet's

My dog got stung by a bee! [ 4 Answers ]

We think our 7 year old German Shepherd got stung by a bee. There is a big bump on his muzzle really close to his nose. Is he in any danger? Please help :(

My dog just got stung by a bee [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help... I was taking my dogs for a walk this evening and my poodle was walking in the grass, then all of the sudden yelped and jerked his back leg up... on the bottom of his paw I saw something black, I think it was a bee or a wasp but by the time I got him to sit still so I could...

View more questions Search