Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rodney351 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Designers choice ceiling fan 5745
    Remote stop working fan and would rather not use remote anymore and just use fan normally from wall and fan switches. Can I remove the receiver inside the fan canopy and rewire fan. I cannot remember the brand of the ceiling fan but here is the info that was listed on top of the fan. One label listed; 52" ceiling fan NO. 02768, E127699 WH 03/00. Another label listed; Sears stock NO. 9 99081, model NO 95826 Date Code: C 20 0. And the last label listed WH00045. I hope this information will allow you to help me. We love the fan's style.
    Rodney
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 10, 2013, 10:49 PM
    The receiver is located under the canopy and they are usually well labeled. You'll have to remove the blades first. It usually says something like light in, light out, fan in, fan out. Just hook up corresponding pairs. Take a look see. The existing switch on the wall should still work fine. Post again if this helps or you still need help!
    Rodney351 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Don't know the brand but the model is 5745 and the receiver is a CBB61. I need to bypass this receiver. Been having problems with it and it has gone out. Do not want to use a remote again. The receiver has 2 gray wires on one end and 1 purple wire, a red wire and a brown wire on the opposite end. The fan speed switch is a pull chain and has 4 wires, purple, gray, orange and brown. The reverse direction level switch has six wires, white, 2 gray, 2 brown and orange. From the center of the fan is 3 thicker wires, black, white and blue. Also from the center of the fan are 3 thinner wires, brown, red and gray. The light is pull chain which is connected to the light assembly. Please help me rewire the fan to bypass the receiver for the remote.
    Thank you
    alice12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 10:06 AM
    Lbl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Designers Choice Ceiling Fan remotes [ 2 Answers ]

My remote is getting harder to operate. I must press the fan button harder and harder to get it to work. What are my choices in getting it fixed or replaced?

Designers choice ceiling fan parts [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I order ceiling fan parts? Designers Choice Ceiling Fan.

Designers choice ceiling fans model 99097? [ 4 Answers ]

Thermostatic remote don't work. Changed batteries n/g moved antena wire n/g not beeping. Remote shows fan and light on screen had fan 8 years and love it. Checked power supply with meter power to fan good at the receiver but not on the outlet of receiver. Note I have owners manual. Tried...

Designers Choice ceiling fan Mod. 99098 [ 0 Answers ]

My Desgner's Chice Model 99098 stopped working. What's wrong? Batteries in remote are OK. Elec. At the wall switch is on . Wall switch OK. J.C.

Designers choice fans? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 Designer Choice Fans --- The manual lists the Stock No. As 99064. The remote for one of them seems to be breaking down (seems like the pad for light is wearing out). Would like to order a new remote for that fan. Please advise me of a phone number I can call to do this over the phone. ...

View more questions Search