Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 9, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Clean off teflon pipe dope off pipes and threads
    Need to get pipe dope off some fittings so I can return them. Wire brushes leave residue. Want some solution to clean inside and outside threads.
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
    What solution will work?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Try lacquer thinner or mineral spirits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anything be used to soften very old pipe dope on brass pipe fittings? [ 16 Answers ]

Brass water valve needs to be replaced, it's in a very tight location to afford a large wrench good grip and leverage. It is cracked -probably done by me trying to muscle it out. So do I have to cut it out?

Pipe Dope recommendations [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a good quality PIPE Dope or Joint Compound for Threaded Black Iron Gas Pipe? I know I need to use a good quality product, so I need to know what is the best brand that I can find at a local home improvement store.

Pipe Dope on faucet seat/ [ 11 Answers ]

I have replaced a shower faucet's washer and seat twice but the faucet still leaks a bit. Someone suggested "pipe dope' should be applied to the threads of the seat since the valve body threads may be deteriorating and that is where the leak is coming from. In addition to the new washer and...

Clean-out cover needs teflon tape? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Do I need to put teflon tape on the threads of a cleanout cover, or will screwing it in good and tight prevent any water from coming out? Thank you!

Teflon or Pipe Dope for 1 1/4" Water Pipe [ 7 Answers ]

I am building a project that uses several joints of 1 1/4 " galvanized pipe, including elbows and Tee's. The unit will be plumbed into my 50 psi water system. What is the best way to seal the pipe joints? I have assembled the unit and tested using teflon pipe dope and had several leaks.

View more questions Search