Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KK2 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 10:06 AM
    Can't print via wireless from my computer! HELP!
    I purchased a HP Deskjet 2542 with wireless networking capabilities. I have installed the driver, uninstalled, reinstalled... and repeat. I cannot get it to print via my network printer connected with a Belkin router. The Network Configuration page prints correctly via the on-printer control panel and it shows everything is correct. The computer sees the printer as connected and networked and the HP troubleshooting and help say my printer is connected. When I print, according to my computer everything printed, but my printer is not responding/printing. It is so weird. From my computer I can clean the print heads and scan the alignment page and I am able to print the print quality diagnostic report, but it will not print the test page or any other documents. I am running on Windows 8.

Please help! Pulling my hair out as we speak!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Does printer have wireless capabilities?
    Is network printer the default printer?
    KK2 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Does printer have wireless capabilities?
    Is network printer the default printer?
    Yes to both and the printer is responding wirelessly to other commands through the "HP Printer Assistant" such as clean print heads, scan alignment page, and will print the print quality diagnostics page. Otherwise though, it will not print despite the fact that my computer is saying it did. I'm so confused!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect a computer to another computer wireless with access point [ 1 Answers ]

We changed the old desk top computer which was the main computer used in connection with the access point. We now have a laptop hooked up and it has internet but our other computers in the house can not hook up. They have bars but no internet connection.

Wireless print server for two printers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Brother MFC 7340 and HP Color Laserjet CP1215 printers. Can one wireless print server work for both printers? Any suggestions on some low cost wireless print servers. Thanks.

Why does my wireless Brother MFC-255CW printer not print right away? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Brother MFC 255CW Printer and it worked perfectly fine on my Windows laptop and my Mac computer at firt. After changing my wireless connection (I got a new network name and password) the printer prints but a day after I ask for a print. It takes forever for the print to come out...

Print wireless without a print server [ 4 Answers ]

Print wireless without a print server how? My name is bob I have desktop running win xp home ed with a printer. I would like to print to my laptop (wireless) how do I print wireless without buying a print server?:(

View more questions Search