Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stillinlove44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Family court default judgement
    If at this final hearing for divorce, you tell the Judge that you still love your wife and don't really want to get divorced, but since you can't make someone love you and that's what she wants, your giving it to her, does he have the right or power to send us to any type of counseling ?

Nov 9, 2013, 09:43 AM
    Forgot, this is in New Jersey
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Not at that point. Maybe when the proceedings were first started.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 9, 2013, 10:19 AM
    No. In the US, anyone can get a divorce. When it will be final, and some details about splitting assets, vary by state.
    The judge makes decisions about the settlement, and about any matters of child custody, after hearing both sides of the argument.

Nov 9, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Yeah, I thought so. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default judgement filing - family law California [ 2 Answers ]

I filed petition & served my ex-husband December 2009. He has not filed a Response to my petition and any attempt for mediation has been met with defensiveness and more stalling on his part. I can't even set a court date because he never filed a Response. I was told the only thing I could do is...

What is the next step after the court has entered you into a default judgement ? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in AZ and have just received a default judgement for a credit card that I missed payments on for the past 8 months. I was never served papers, nor did anyone ever come to my house, nor have I received any correspondence in the mail to go to court until the actual default judgement. I know...

Default Judgement for Lawyer missing court date [ 4 Answers ]

A default judgement was granted against me in the amount of $100,000 for my attorney missing court. We filed a motion to reconsider and was granted a new trial in open court. However, the judge did not sign the order for another month and we lost the appeal is the state appellate court. I have nor...

View more questions Search