Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieyetunde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 09:20 AM
    I would like to sue my son's father for child support
    My son is twenty four years old now. I file for child support when he was fourteen years of age. Until now I haven't heard anything from the court. Now I know where he lives now can I still sue him for child support. Thank you.
    Angela
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2013, 09:25 AM
    Hello Angela:

can I still sue him for child support. Thank you.
    Maybe. Go back to the court where you filed your documents and talk to the clerk. I'd ask them too, how come you were never contacted before.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2013, 10:19 AM
    What did you do to follow up? Simply filing a petition is not enough. Its possible, the case was dropped. But you really need to go back to that court and find out what happened to that case. Its probably your only chance to collect support.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    ... I'd ask them too, how come you were never contacted before. ...
    The answer to that is obvious. Nothing happened, from the court's prospective. Many courts will consider dismissing a case of nothing has happened, but they are no required to. So it can, in theory, just there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a child sue his father for unpaid child support, Iowa [ 1 Answers ]

My son is due to true 25 yrs soon. Can he go back and sue his dad for unpaid child support? I never received one dime from his dad. I was on assistance at one point and continuously provided his social, address, contact information and employment information, however, child support recovery...

Sue for child support. Son is 19 now. Not on birth cert. [ 8 Answers ]

Looked for him for 1yrs. And I just found him. He is suing for a large sum of money. Can I get any money in the form of back child support?

Can I sue my son's father for child support by filing voluntary impovershment? [ 0 Answers ]

My son's father has not paid child support since march 2009, claiming that he is temporarily disabled due to an incident that occurred during a ski trip. He pulled a muscle in his knee and is now claiming that he cannot work. Now as of August 2010, he is claiming to be permanently disabled and...

Can I sue my father for child support [ 9 Answers ]

I just found out who my father is and my mom never collected child support. I'm 26 now and I was wondering if we can go after any type of funds or back child support. My father is a multi-millionaire and has an amazingly successful career.

View more questions Search