Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Kitten diarrhea?
    I have a ten week old kitten who has been having diarrhea all week. I don't know if he got into something, or if he is genuinely sick, but trying to clean him up in the sink is traumatizing for him, and I don't want to put him through that much more again. He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, and is acting like his old crazy self except for the diarrhea, which happens frequently. Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 07:53 AM
    Not knowing anything about him and what he may have eaten. I'd take him to the vet along with a stool (diarrhea) sample..
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not knowing anything about him and what he may have eaten. I'd take him to the vet along with a stool (diarrhea) sample..
    Hello, took your advice. The fecal test result isn't back yet, but they gave me antibiotics and a new diet (low residue canned food). Thanks for the advice!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StopKatieTime View Post
    Hello, took your advice. The fecal test result isn't back yet, but they gave me antibiotics and a new diet (low residue canned food). Thanks for the advice!
    My four rescued cats all send head bumps and happy meows!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male cat acting kitten to male kitten after bringing kitten home neutered. [ 1 Answers ]

I have three cats, Microchip, Monk and Minx. Microchip and Minx are 1+ years old and fixed. Monk is about 6 months old. All of our cats used to get along well. They'd sleep all huddled together. The two males were very close. Micro would groom Monk, play with him, and was inseparable. We took Monk...

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

Kitten diarrhea [ 1 Answers ]

Keyda, my 8 week old kitten is being treated for coccidia-she has taken the medicine for 3 days now. 1st day after the start of medicine she seemed to be doing better. Stools more brown and starting to firm up. She is going on her fourth day now and I noticed that it is now worse than ever. ...

Kitten with diarrhea [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old kitten and since we got her 3 days ago she has had constant diarrhea. What can I do. She has had her first shots and is dewormed.

My kitten of 15 weeks is still having diarrhea? [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten of 15 weeks or so is still having diarrhea and I don't know if that's normal for his age. I don't know much about kittens and he is a siamese kitten and I don't know what to do to help him poop regular. I'm just out of high school so I don't have the money to take him to a vet so I need...

View more questions Search