Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annierodgers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Can I get rights to my niece/nephew
    My nieces and nephews mother and father are divorced and she has the kids the ex husband is my other nephew, any way they moved to Kentucky and won't let us see them, all 3 of the kids hate or are scared of their mother and her new boyfriend and they use to come over every weekend, we're really close to the kids, two are my niece and nephew the other is a child that she had with another but then got back together with the ex husband and we got really close to her too, her real dad doesn't care about her and hasn't see her for five years, he's not in the pic at all, she's now six the middle child is eight and oldest is eleven is there any way we could see them or get full custody of them by aunt/uncle or great grandparent? I know it's confusing but we really miss them to the point where we're crying everyday , thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 8, 2013, 04:03 PM
    Generally, parents are preferred over grandparents, and relatives such as yourself (aunt, I suppose) are even further down the pecking order. Unless the children are being abused, your chances of getting custody are slim-to-none. Sorry.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 8, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Just send each one a card for every possible occasion, and don't say anything but 'love.'
    That way the mother (probably) won't tear up the cards and yet they will know you are thinking of them.
    Let time determine what happens, because you have no rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have legal rights to my niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My niece and nephew have had it pretty ruff for their ages, they are 2 & 4 yrs old. In 2010, my brother and his estranged wife separated by choice. No legal paperwork. He had found out she was seeing other men. She moved out a left the children behind. My brother has been taking care of them since....

Do I have rights over my niece and nephew? [ 3 Answers ]

I have taken care of my niece and nephew for 2 years now. My sister has no home or no job and just expects to come and pack them up and move up north. She has never helped me support them and she stays at a hotel with her boyfriend and never comes to see the kids unless they get into a...

How do I get coustody of niece and nephew? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 and I have a 7 year nephew and a 4 year old niece. They are my brothers kids and they live with him and there mother. They do nothing but fight all the time. Sometimes they beat each other in front of the kids. I just picked them up on Wednesday and haven't took them back yet cause they...

Custody of my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can you tell me if I have any rights to apply for legal guardianship or custody of any kind of my niece and nephew who are 2 and 1 who I have had fulltime for the past 9 months Thank you

Ny niece and nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My niece and nephew were taken away from their parents and arenow living with a foster family while the investigation continues. What rights do I have as the aunt? What do I do to get them out of the system and in my care? A friend told me about foster parent training; how do I go about starting...

View more questions Search