Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tashamt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Do you think I was wrongly diagnosed with Crohn's?
    Okay so long story prepare yourself haha. I had pneumonia last year and had only high fevers as a symptom. I lived with it for a month before consulting a doctor. The only reason I consulted a doctor was because of the extreme abdominal pain I had. But before I got the abdominal pain, I had eaten an undercooked burger. When I went to the hospital, they said my CT scan showed Crohn's disease, and I also had appendicitis, and everything in my abdomen was enlarged. I even had ovarian cysts. I was really sick. But after that one day of having only cramps for a few hours, I have never had one symptom of Crohn's, even without taking any medicine and drinking hard liquor and eating tons of spicy foods.

My question to you is, do you think I even have Crohn's, or do you think I just had a severe infection? I also had a colonoscopy, but stool samples were never taken to determine if there was anything bacterial involved.
    tashamt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 03:30 PM
    The abdominal pain didn't last for the whole month just the day I went to the emergency room and it went away as soon as antibiotics were introduced.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 8, 2013, 03:35 PM
    I do not have enough letters after my name to say that the diagnosis is incorrect.

Have you sought a second opinion off the internet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crohn's [ 1 Answers ]

I have Crohn's and I'm in extreme pain, nausea, vomiting, swollen belly, fever and I've haven't used the restroom since Thursday. Very unusual for me. Several bowel resections. Help.

Crohn's [ 1 Answers ]

I've had crohn's for about a year now and just started throwing up blood.. my question is could it have been from taking all my pills on an empty stomach?

Please help me. CROHN'S? [ 8 Answers ]

I am so confused. I was told I do not have Colitis. But I have horrible pain (Stabbing pain and burning) in my lower right abdominal area. I have had bad bowel issues on top of it. I had a colonoscopy and it was found that I have Erythema in the terminal ileum but was not diagnosed with CROHNS? I...

Crohn's disease [ 8 Answers ]

My very best friend is 17 years old and was diagnosed today with Crohn's disease. Neither of us know a whole lot about it. I was curious if anybody knew any information on it pertaining to teens. All of the info that we have found is for adults. She is 17, about 4'11 and about 70 lbs, give or take...

View more questions Search