Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Nov 8, 2013, 02:12 PM
    Farmhouse sink flush mount
    Hello, would appreciate any comment on the following. The side edges of a cut-out for an undermounted farmhouse/apron sink sit on the edges of the sink; the back edge is on the sink base cabinet, and there is no front piece. The side edges for a flushmounted sink sit ot the cabinets on both sides of the sink. What is the way to support one of the cut-out edges if a dishwashing machine is right next to a flushmounted sink instead of a cabinet? One corner of the cut-out is up in the air then. I guess a dishwasher is not to be used as a countertop support. Should a custom supporting structure be built? Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2013, 02:52 PM
    What kind of countertop material? You may need to make up an angle brace that would screw to the sink cabinet. Posting a picture may help.

Nov 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
    Yes, sorry, it's confusing without a picture. Please see attached image: kitchen sink cabinet is retrofitted for farmhouse sink and the side panels of the sink cabinet are cut to make space for the same width sink. The right edge of the plywood (for countertop, either wood or granite) sits on a cabinet; the left edge is up in the air with no support (this is where a dishwasher is planned). Even plywood alone sags without support at this corner. What are good ways to build a support for c/top? Thanks.
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2013, 10:44 PM
    Can't put a side panel like the one on the right? Cut the toe kick and it should look like a cabinet side.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 9, 2013, 03:00 AM
    Yes, full side panel of 3/4" plywood, toe kick cut out, and attached to left side of sink base.
    Is there room to move the dishwasher over 3/4"?

Nov 13, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Can't put a side panel like the one on the right? Cut the toe kick and it should look like a cabinet side.
    Thank you. Yes, this will work.

Nov 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Yes, full side panel of 3/4" plywood, toe kick cut out, and attached to left side of sink base.
    Is there room to move the dishwasher over 3/4"?
    Should be enough room. Thank you, plywood it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flush mount [ 4 Answers ]

Can the hampton bay springview ceiling fan be installed as a flush mount

Can't take flush mount ceiling light down [ 1 Answers ]

Flush mount dome style ceiling light. Can't get the nut to come loose and I'm afraid the dome is going to break. Any ideas?

Flush Mount Ceiling Light. [ 3 Answers ]

I have only 2 sets of wires (not 3) coming out of the ceiling box and I am replacing a ceiling fan with a Flush Mount Ceiling Light. I identified the live wires and connected them to the light fixture wires - black to black and white to white; light doesn't work. What else is needed?

Flush mount cap [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a flush mount cap for a clay tile drain. It is an unused floor drain in my basement. I've checked all of the box stores and several places on line but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas?

Flush Mount Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

We are building a house with 9 foot ceilings in some bedrooms. Does anyone have any suggestions for flushmount ceiling fans? I would assume we would need to stay around a foot total, including lamp kit, from ceiling to botton of unit. Any suggestions are appreciated.

View more questions Search