Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aditya kapoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 01:35 PM
    How to reduce loneliness?
    I'm 20 year old boy. I'm a eng 3rd year student. In holidays I go home and do not go out whole day. I do not contact my school friends. I do not go out for anything. I spent all my time in home. I want to wonder but could not because of loneliness. What should I do?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2013, 01:53 PM
    I recommend that you think of what others need. I have noticed in my own life that when I help other people, I forget about feeling badly for myself. So, consider all the ways you can be of service. It is also a great way to make connections with others - offering to help them. Look into opportunities to volunteer in your community.

I also recommend that you plan social activities and invite other people to attend. People with friends are not better people or more interesting or appealing people, they are people who make an effort to reach out to others and extend invitations. Look into what is going on of interest in your community, think of who you know who might enjoy attending those events, call them and ask if they'd like to join you.

If you are in a situation where you do not know people to invite to things, sign up on your own for group activities. Whether you join a recreational sport team, a club, a political organization or whatever interests you, sign up and get involved and soon, you will know others who share your interests.

Finally, stop describing yourself as a "boy". At 20 years of age you are a grown man. If you think of yourself as a man, an adult, you may find it more natural to take charge of your life and stop waiting for it to change on its own.

I have a great many friends and a large family, and I am friendly with the people I work with and my neighbors. Still, if I don't make arrangements with people, I sit at home alone. People are tired from working and while they may love the idea of trying a new restaurant, or going hiking on a Saturday afternoon, they often are sitting home alone on weekends too, feeling badly that nobody called or invited them to do anything.

After you have been meeting up with people here and there for a while, host a dinner party or other get together - don't worry about a fancy meal, order pizza from a restaurant if you don't cook. Just be the host who invites others. Then, when they have a party, they will remember they were your guest, and will invite you in return.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 8, 2013, 04:42 PM
    You need friends and activities that you enjoy. Both at school and at home. Don't just sit there. Reach out to old friends and make new ones. You are old enough to go where young people your age hang out.
    Tictactoe Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 06:19 AM
    Go oversea for a year. Do something that you haven't done before. How about Japan teaching English

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Loneliness all around [ 4 Answers ]

I am a young women/ girl, I have bin feeling lonely for as long as I can remember, I don't have any friends, No social life, No boyfriend, I have even strated thinking really horrible thoughts, feel lost all the time and as though I need reassurance to make sure I doing thing the correct way :( HELP

Loneliness [ 15 Answers ]

How, what is the best method, routine. To help deal with emotional pain?

How to kill loneliness [ 2 Answers ]

I got married just last month and now my husband stays in abroad. My inlaws are working . During day time am all alone . I feel depressed due to loneliness . I don't know how should I kill my loneliness . I don't want to get depressed and sad .Please advice what should I do.

How to Kill Loneliness. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am Uma Chandrasekar New Member of this Forum. I am a Home Maker. I am having a problem of killing my time. Apart from doing my cooking and other Household work I have ample time I love to see Computer. The whole day I spent my time in Computer. But sometimes I feel depressed...

Overcoming loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

I've been single for a very long time and have no friends so rarely leave the house except to go to work or to go shopping. How can I meet people who want ot meet me back? Any help appreciated - I'm nearing giving up hope.

View more questions Search