Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakerman2612 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Ignition interlock
    So I have had a breathalizer for over a year and I made my mistakes on it so I have had to restart the program. I have completed counciling once again but I had a period of a months time where the monitor would continue to fail me then pass me right after. With me being a second time doing this there's a zero tollerance will I get in any trouble?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 7, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Zero tolerance is a concept devised by idiots.

If you can prove that the monitor gave a false positive, you should be OK. I suggest that you have it checked out so that you will have proof that it malfunctioned.
    bakerman2612 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 12:58 PM
    See here's the kicker though every time I failed then passed I called the agency for a reset passcode. Plus I mail my monitor out to new tork and they send me one once a month they told me that on about 90% of my tests show some type of alcohol. But majority of it doesn't fail me. Should I get a laywer?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 7, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman2612 View Post
    See here's the kicker though every time I failed then passed I called the agency for a reset passcode. Plus I mail my monitor out to new tork and they send me one once a month they told me that on about 90% of my tests show some type of alcohol. But majority of it doesn't fail me. Should I get a laywer?
    If you didn't immediately get called on the carpet, I wouldn't worry too much. On the other hand, if they pick you up without notice and jail you pending a revocation hearing, for example, it would be nice to have something in writing from the technician to the effect that it wasn't anything you did wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida ignition interlock violation [ 0 Answers ]

Can someone explain what I can expect after a 2nd failed ignition interlock test in Florida? My first occurred two days after it was installed, I completely forgot that my mouthwash would set it off. I was late for work so I caught a ride and didn't blow again till I returned home that evening....

What happens in az when I fail on my interlock ignition [ 0 Answers ]

Last night I drank a lot, this morning I blew a fail on my interlock ignition

What happens if you fail on your interlock ignition device [ 4 Answers ]

If you have an interlock ignition device installed on your vehicle due to a dwi and it fails the test?

Ignition interlock failure [ 5 Answers ]

What happens if someone who is court ordered to put a breathalyser in his or her fails a test? Is this a violation of probation? What is the probation officer's next move? Does the test record show the level of BAC or is a pass or fail kind of thing? This is all very to me, because technically...

Blue Bird Ignition Interlock [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I recently bought a 1986 Chevy G30 with a 16 passenger Blue Bird body. The ignition interlock sometimes won't let her crank and has caused two tows in two days! Any wiring diagrams for this interlock available ? I would like to eliminate it altogether. If these ID numbers help - Blue Bird...

View more questions Search