Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivywatts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 06:33 PM
    A chemist at a pharmaceutical company is measuring equilibrium constants for reaction
    A chemist at a pharmaceutical company is measuring equilibrium constants for reactions in which drug candidate molecules bind to a protein involved in cancer. The drug molecules bind the protein in a 1:1 ratio to form a drug-protein complex. The protein concentration in aqueous solution at 25 ∘C is 1.82×10−6M . Drug A is introduced into the protein solution at an initial concentration of 2.00×10−6M. Drug B is introduced into a separate, identical protein solution at an initial concentration of 2.00×10−6M. At equilibrium, the drug A-protein solution has an A-protein complex concentration of 1.00×10−6M, and the drug B solution has a B-protein complex concentration of 1.40×10−6M

Check out some similar questions!

Measuring Momentum or measuring Energy is more useful in ballistics. [ 7 Answers ]

I have been doing a bit of research to try to understand if measuring Momentum or measuring Energy is more useful in ballistics. I understand the calculations of each... but I am not fully sure what they mean to the target being hit. I am interested in understanding the meaning of the calculated...

How to solve : dT/dt = k(T-Tm)... T(0) = To... k,Tm,&To are constants [ 11 Answers ]

How to solve : dT/dt = k(T-Tm)... T(0) = To... k,Tm,&To are constants I would like to try to solve this using Maple software, but not sure what the steps are. If not with Maple just showing the steps would be a great help. Thanks

Consider the chemical reaction 2NH3(g) Picture N2(g) + 3H2(g). The equilibrium is [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the chemical reaction 2NH3(g) Picture N2(g) + 3H2(g). The equilibrium is to be established in a 1.0 L container at 1,000 K, where Kc = 4.0 × 10−2. Initially, 1,220 moles of NH3(g) are present. Estimate the equilibrium concentration of N2(g) in mol/L.

Spring constants [ 1 Answers ]

An elastic cord is 65 cm long when a wieght of 75N hangs from it but is 85 cm long when a weight of 180 N hangs from it. What is the "spring" constant k of this elastic cord. I know that k= f/x. Separately, than gives you: 75N/0 .65m = 115.4N/m and 180N/.85m= 211.8N/m. But I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.