Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HiddenSecrets Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 01:33 PM
    I hate my mum so much, is this normal?
    Okay so basically me and my mum were okay.
    When my grandad moved house, we had to help him pack his things because he can't keep going up the stairs.
    He had a box of all our family photos. My baby photos, school photos etc.
    And I find out she threw them out, so me and my sister have no photos now whatsoever!
    This may be weird but, photos mean a lot to me. So now I'm mad at my mum. I was just wondering if I'm going over the top by being annoyed at her?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 01:36 PM
    Those were the only photos in existence? Doesn't your mum (and other relatives) have any?

Nov 6, 2013, 01:37 PM
    When my mum and dad divorced, she threw away the photos she had :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 01:38 PM
    No other relatives have photos?

Nov 6, 2013, 01:40 PM
    They have recent ones of me from say about 2 years ago, but I have no baby photos now, or there's none that I know of, this is why I'm annoyed :l
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2013, 01:59 PM
    You know you can't really pick who your parents are going to be and parents do make mistakes sometimes. Sometimes we make mistakes too. Do you think "hate" might be a little strong for this situation?

You know what I would do? If someone threw out my photos, I would take more photos. So start snapping pics!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 02:39 PM
    I know exactly how you feel.

My mother did exactly the same thing, and not only pictures. She threw away awards, ribbons, brownie badges- everything.

I have never forgotten how it felt to learn all of my stuff had been tossed into the dump.

But, I did learn to forgive. It was only in later years that I realized that she was under a lot of strain and stress. Recently divorced, and dirt poor. We were forced out of our home, with pretty much the clothes on our backs.

But, we were together, and eventually life improved for all of us. I still miss all my things though, and the pictures thrown out included cousins, relatives, birthday parties- everything.

So, while it is understandable that you are hurting over this loss, I urge you to forgive whatever caused it to happen in the first place. The reason may never be known fully- your mother is entitled to her reasons, and to keep them private.

Accept that they are gone forever, and let the anger go. There is a lifetime of memories and pictures that are yet to be realized.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate my own mum. [ 13 Answers ]

For as long as I can remember my mum has constantly blamed me for everything. The other day she even blamed being out in the rain on me. I can't talk to her without starting a fight and its really getting me down. I feel like I really hate my own mum. How can I deal with this?

I hate my mum how can I make her understand what I'm feeling [ 118 Answers ]

I really hate my mum at the moment she went through all my things and found some stuff that I didn't want her to see. Now I'm in trouble she should have just stayed out of my things. She read my journal and found out that I slept with my boyfriend she's not happy about that she doesn't want me to...

I hate my mum [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do I hate my mother so much the way she eats,moves drives me mad like a second ago she called me awful names and wanted me to move out lets just say I wouldn't no what to do out there at this age . She has just came home from a visit and when it was me and my dad we had so...

I hate my mum and dad [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everybody I hate my parents Don't be surprised Cause if you should be surprised then I hope u'll be because of my mum and dad So I'm 19 I have no boyfriend because I choose to not having one and to avoid problems with my parents I'm a good student I don't cause problems I'm home...

View more questions Search