Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hasenjaeger23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Chest pains
    Hi, so I am a 14 year old female and for about the past 3 weeks now I have had chest pains. It started just in the middle and right side and some pains in my shoulder. I went to see my doctor about it about a week and a half ago and he said I have Costochondritis. He didn't do any testing or anything, he just checked my breathing and felt my chest. So I started taking prednisone for it and even after I take it, my chest still hurts bad. I tried everything he told me to do for it if it hurts and it seems like none of it works. Recently the pain moved throughout my whole chest. I'm starting to get short of breath way faster now than before and its hard to breathe. Normally start breathing heavy from it and the pains still continue to hurt. Its more like a sharp sudden pains in my chest. I don't think its Costochondritis. Do you have any idea what else it could be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 09:25 PM
    It sounds like a classic case of Costochondritis. This is only cured over time. It will probably take a couple of weeks before you are fully recovered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest pains [ 1 Answers ]

Some quick background: I am a 24 year old female with a history of an eating disorder (Anorexia Nervosa - purging type). However since being released from impatient treatment 10 months ago I have been following my meal plan pretty well, have maintained a healthy weight, and haven't purged at all....

Chest pains [ 5 Answers ]

I am having really bad chest pains, it hurts to move and breathe. I just want to know if this will pass on its own or if I NEED to go to the hospital.

Chest pains [ 1 Answers ]

I started having chest pains on new years eve and went to er caus it felt like a weight was on my chest and sharp pains going down my left. I was diagnosed with constochondritis and was giving some inflamaton medication, but I'm still hurting and I take short breaths due to it hurting so bad to...

Chest Pains/Breast Pains [ 2 Answers ]

My breathing is fine, but my chest area hurts sometimes .. Im not fully sure if its my breasts or chest, it feels like both sometimes .. I had sex 4 days after my period, unprotected !x But I know I can't be pregnant, even though i get my monthly after every 42 days for 7 days .. I have purple,...

Chest pains [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 2 weeks I have had serious chest pain. When I burp it feels better for the moment but comes back quickly. Have a little shorness of breath. Also pain in my upper back when I tilt my head back. What do you think?

View more questions Search