Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leftie224 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 01:49 PM
    American Indian Silversmith Goldsmith Hallmark, stampings
    Hello, I own a unique solid sterling silver with 14K gold accents, antique western cowboy type knife sheath or scabbard. It accommodates a knife with a 6" blade. The frontal designs are distinctively Texas as it has a applied silver on silver longhorn cattle head, and a applied silver on silver Monarch Butterfly, which is a Texas State symbol. There are two 14K gold applied engraved accents on the sheaths frontal design also. The backside has the word STERLING stamped in standard block form, a bit larger 14K stamped, then the makers hallmark being a block form letter H, sitting inside a 4 sided square. H inside a square. With the western americana theme, the type of hallmark, all leading me to think it was made by a American Indian Jewery Maker. Any help on this hallmark would be most greatly appreciated. Thank-you

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying hallmark for a native american silversmith [ 9 Answers ]

Several months ago my wife bought a belt buckle at a garage sale. It is fairly ornate with two bear claws, three pieces of turquoise ranging in size from the size of my thumbnail to the size of my index fingernail and two pieces of red coral. My first assumption on the bear claws was that they...

Native american hallmark , T.SILVERSMITH? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a silver and turqouise belt buckle purchased in New Mexico in the 1980s. Large, heavy and ornate. Stamped on the back is T.SILVERSMITH , stamped under this is a left facing arrow.I think he worked for the atkinsons trading company. The arrow might be their trade mark. Anyone have any idea...

Native American Indian hallmark needs identification [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Native American Indian ring with coral and turquoise on it, and the hallmark on the back reads: MARY (then there is a capital A that comes down beneath the names and there is a line going from the middle of the crossbar of the "A" downward, making the A also look like an arrow, then the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.