Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winduptoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Adoption breakdown
    My 2 year old son was taken for forced adoption a couple of months ago.We all fought so hard to keep him with family members,but were blocked by social services at every angle.It has ripped us all apart.We got a letter yesterday saying the adoption has broken down and our son is back in foster care.Our bond was so strong,and he was so happy before this disgusting decision to remove our baby.The adoption was rushed,so no wonder it broke down.Do we have ANY chance of taking this back to court? We want our baby back,or at the very least to fight for open adoption? Can anyone please help us?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2013, 07:05 AM
    You are leaving out a lot of very important information...

First... what reason did they give for taking the kid in the first place?

Has that situation changed or been resolved?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 07:45 AM
    I went through something similar with the losing children and them being adopted. What I suggest you do and quickly. GET A LAWYER. Make sure they are experienced in family law. Do everything your lawyer says. This is no time for who is right or wrong. If you are a suitable home for the child then I hope you get him back. I say if as I do not know you or the circumstances.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 07:46 AM
    I agree with Smoothy--Social services doesn't just yank kids away from healthy situations for no reason.

We need more information about why the child was removed in the first place, and why you were not given the chance to get him back.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 08:48 AM
    My 2 year old son was taken
    What were the circumstances that led up to him being taken?

We all fought so hard to keep him with family members,but were blocked by social services at every angle.
    Please go into more detail about this.

Our bond was so strong,and he was so happy before this disgusting decision to remove our baby
    Your bond may have been strong, but apparently there was enough evidence that he was in danger in one way or another. It seems that placing him with family was inappropriate as well.

You see, we would like to help you, but you have to help us help you. You need to give us the background as to why he was removed and why family was not allowed to have him in their care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption laws Ohio father blocking adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I have a now seven year old boy. His father lives in Ohio and has been ordered to pay child support which he has done for the past three years almost consistently. He has no contact with his child and I can count on my hands the number of times he has seen him while we too lived in Ohio. He has had...

Think I`m going to have a breakdown [ 2 Answers ]

For about the past year there`s not been a day go past without thinking about suicide, I just go through everyday as the same routine and when opertunities to do something different e.g go out to a party I reject them because I`ve started to hate being around people and that just adds to my...

Mental Breakdown? [ 5 Answers ]

Well Im pretty sure I know the answer but I feel like Im about to break down. I have dealt with depression and other Psychotic Disorders from the age of 13yrs old. Im 28 yrs now. I felt like that I didn't have a problem. At the time I was a Santanist and that the problems where stemming form...

Am I going to have a breakdown? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, lets see... Lets start with my father. 18 years ago he was arrested for the rape of a 15 year old girl. ( The truth is it was consensual, not right, but not rape ) Just last year he was informed he had to register as a sex offender, which he did, even though he isn't! In February he was...

Relationship breakdown [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently split up with my partner of 5 years. I love him so much and can't get him out of my head he says he still loves me but cannot be in a committed relationship, he is seeing a girl 10 years younger than him, but tells me he doesn't know how he feels about her but being with her is easy...

View more questions Search