Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Niko2636463 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 12:13 AM
    Would work as a paramedic or a EMT count as experience in the emergency department
    I want to be an emegrency nurse, but I have no prior experience in the medical field. I can't apply for any jobs or internships because they all require a few years of experience. I live on my own and I can't afford to just making a living on my full-time job at the moment, go to college and hope to find a internship before I graduate. I have completed all my electives and pre-requested courses for the nursing. I'm just finishing up my nursing classes now. I have considered becoming an emt just for a temporary time because I want to be them nurse.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2013, 12:28 AM
    I see that nursing jobs have dropped way off in the US. But the advice on one forum I looked at says don't apply to hospitals; there are other places that need nurses, and will hire new grads.
    They consider applying to 20 places much too low. Looks like a lot of work, sorry.

An EMT requires a different course, and the training takes a few months. Where I live, all the EMTs are volunteers. If you can't get a nursing job where you are, I am not so sure you will find a paying EMT job after you are certified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be a paramedic/EMT [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16, female. I was at the hospital the other day and I saw these paramedics walk by and right there I knew I wanted to be a paramedic/EMT. I live in Texas, is there anything I can do to get started now? What are the classes like? How much do they make? I'm going to a community college next year.

Minimum distance between emt conduit for data and emt conduit for power [ 1 Answers ]

Minimum distance between emt conduit for data and emt conduit for power?

Does this count as defamation/hostile work environment and can I sue? [ 0 Answers ]

I have worked for a very large hotel company for 4 years with nothing but good performance reviews from my Director and Assistant Director as well as never ever receiving a write up or even a verbal counsel. I recently applied at another property for a higher position and was actually told by the...

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

Why will our emergency heat not work? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Ruud model (-)PKA heat pump. It is currently 22 degrees outside, and our heat will only get to 65 degrees in the house, even with the thermostat set on 72. The fan never stops running and if you switch it to emergency heat the air is not warm that comes out of the ducts. I tried to get...

View more questions Search