Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pjm1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2013, 06:05 PM
    Cleaning commercial and domestic
    Hi all. I have set up a cleaning business for commercial residential customers. I am wondering (from experienced people) what is the best way to get customers? How do I get them to listen instead of them just hanging up the phone on me? And no one seems to appreciate sales pitches at their door. Flyers are 99% of the time thrown in the trash. Any help would be appreciated from cleaning experts or Anyone who started their own business.
    WHYNTT42 Posts: 6, Reputation: -1
    -

Nov 3, 2013, 07:04 PM
    I used to know a couple who run a very successful Pest Control business, in the Washington dc area. They moved to North Carolina from DC in 2012, but their business partner still in town, who also supplies made services to several of my friends and family member. Same nature of business, you can contact them, they will definitely help you. Name " >Information Removed><

Hope it help

Cheers
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2013, 06:45 AM
    A large glossy postcard, with a smiling crew and your name on one side, and your specs on the other. Box ads in local papers. But mostly word of mouth, and that might mean some steep discounts and some 'charter members' for a year.
    For commercial customers, the only way you will get their business is if they are new or if they are unhappy with their current contract. Find the new ones by driving around, and asking around. Of course new ones are struggling and most won't be able to afford any service. So as you can see, this isn't going to be easy.
    Be sure to be well versed on 'green' cleaning products. That might be a good selling tactic. Put 'green options' in all your ads.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 4, 2013, 06:48 AM
    WHYNTT42, please don't put anyone's email or name or phone number on a world site!

Much as those people might be willing to help, they could be subjected to contacts of dubious nature from anywhere and anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just started a cleaning business and am leaning to doing commercial cleaning. [ 0 Answers ]

I started a commercial cleaning business and have a friend that has a lot of knowledge and contacts with people that could use cleaning services and is a hard worker. He is not my partner, but has been with me since the beginning in discussions of who to market and he even purchased business cards...

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What's makes a cleaning company stand out from the rest?

Starting Our Commercial and Domestic Cleaning Business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me and my husband are going to start a commercial and domestic cleaning business already have got some posters out but dos anty one know where I can get application forms from and contract forms from do I need a secraterial course to be asecratery for the business thanks

Commercial Cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

What is the average price per square foot for commercial cleaning estimates

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

View more questions Search