Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wigglewiggle26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Will temporary hair dye ruin my dyed blonde highlights?
    Hi there, I have quite a few blonde highlights (they are not bright blonde) I have had them for quite a while, just kept getting them topped up and I really fancy trying a light brown colour. My question is, if I use temporay hair dye will I still have my highlights after it has washed out?
    15yearoldgirl Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Nov 8, 2013, 05:44 PM
    Hi, I recently did exactly the same thing so I hope I can help you! I had blonde highlights and got a temporary light brown dye. When I washed it out (took a few washes) the colour wasn't exactly the same as before but this was probably to do with the fact that while it had been covered by the brown dye it had faded a bit anyway? Well I got my hairdresser to just redo my highlights as normal and everything was back to how it was originally. So my answer is that you should be fine, but will probably need your highlights refreshing afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have had my hair dyed red and have blonde highlights [ 2 Answers ]

Ever time the red fades into the highlights and it takes a couple of weeks for my highlights to be the right color. What can I do to get the red off the highlights?

Can I dye my dyed brown hair blonde using xxl blonde dye [ 11 Answers ]

hey, ive been dying my hair since i was about 13 now, and ive had it multiple shades of brown, and one red. some semi-perminent and some perminent. recently i decided to dye my hair a medium blonde and was wondering if by using the xxl blonde dye from schwarzkopf, i could lighten it up back to...

Dyed black hair to blonde highlights [ 1 Answers ]

How can I lighten my black dyed hair? I've only dyed it black/blue twice. I want to start putting caramel highlights in gradually and then start putting proper blonde hightlights in. When I asked my regular hairdresser she said it wasn't possible as nothing will lift the black colour in my hair...

View more questions Search