Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zach1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
    My girlfriend says she loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now
    My girlfriend and I Have been dating for the last two months, but we had a thing going for a couple months before so I guess in a way you could say we dated for around 4 months. Last night she texted me saying we needed to talk and told me she didn't want to be in a relationship right now but told me she still loved me. She told me she didn't want things to change and that I would always be her best friend and that she still has feelings for me. After writing her a huge message expressing my feelings and emotions she told me she just can't be in a relationship right now and that she really just wants to be friends right now but we can still kiss and stuff here and there that it would be okay because she still had feelings for me. She then said she just needs to do her for a little bit and then she said if we were meant for each other then we would end up back together. I then asked if she really thought we would maybe end up back together and she said there's a chance we will see I don't know. Even if we don't end up back together I guess I'm OK with that and I obviously have to respect her decision but I love her so much. We are still good friends but If there is a chance of us getting back together, what should I do? I love her
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2013, 10:41 AM
    She wants her freedom. How do I know? I'm a girl too, and we girls are taught from birth to be very careful not to say things that upset another person. That's what she is doing with you. She is trying to gently say, "It's over," without upsetting you. Unfortunately, this has the opposite effect of giving you hope and making you think you and she will eventually get back together. I can almost guarantee you that won't happen. She wants to break it off completely but is too "nice" and too well trained to say that.

What you should do is move ahead with your life and have as little contact as possible with her.

Nov 3, 2013, 01:51 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I guess your right, and that really sucks for me but I guess ill just have to deal with it and move on.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zach1 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I guess your right, and that really sucks for me but I guess ill just have to deal with it and move on.
    And if you see her hanging around with guys and flirting with them, or flirting with one in particular, tuck that into your Men's Book of Facts About Women and feel sorry for him. I've learned the best way to end a relationship is not by being "nice" and trying not to hurt the other person, but just be matter of fact and say it like it is ("This isn't working for me.") and make a clean break. No pussyfooting around, no maybes, no "Let's still be friends." Clean break. Much less pain and misunderstanding that way.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2013, 05:29 PM
    She probably feels like you two are moving too fast for her pace. Let her back up, give her your silence, and if she really loves you, she will make the decision to be your girlfriend. However, if she decides is better to have her freedom, then you will have to take the break up for what it is and start moving on. It is possible that she just wants to keep you in the sidelines while she experiences other opportunities.

Nov 6, 2013, 05:31 AM
    Thanks for the input guys. We talked it out and were on a break for a little bit that way when we et back together things will feel brand new again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-girlfriend loves me but doesn't feel right in a relationship [ 7 Answers ]

Hey you, I'd like to get some advice on this breakup I am currently going through. It's long-winded, but I'd like to provide as much information as possible (without getting emotional) so I can get some solid insight... I met this girl about 5 months ago and we hit it off right from the start....

My girlfriend still loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now. [ 1 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for 9 months. I love her really, and she loves and trust me more tha n I can think. We were perfect as a couple. There were no disturbance between us. Her mom also supported our relationship. But the perfect couple, went to a hell. I was alone with her in her room, when her mom...

My ex girlfriend still loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I started going out with my ex feb 2007... we broke up in dec 2009 because I kissed another girl and felt so guilty I told her (biggest mistake of my life). She told me she didn't want to break up but thought it was best to have a break for a while. Meanwhile we still talked most days but...

My girlfriend says she loves me but doesn't want a relationship right now [ 10 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and my (ex)girlfriend is about to turn 22 we have been together 4 months. I know it seems short but we both felt something true and real that we have never felt before. We both agree that our relationship has been amazing the whole time, constantly getting better and better. We...

My girlfriend says she loves me but she doesn't want to be in a relationship now. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl for 4 years. We met when I was in the 9th grade and she was in the 11th. Im going to be honest, I have broken up with her in the past for 3 different females and after each one we get back together. Well about a month ago she pushed my buttons and I broke up with her. I...

View more questions Search