Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darb1111 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Footsteps in our house & sometimes voices
    My wife just came upstairs and asked if I had gotten up yet this morning. She heard footsteps and the dog did too, he growled. This happens fairly often, sometime we hear voices that are inaudible but definitely voices. We have lived in this 100 year old home for six years or so. The previous owner died of cancer in his 50's.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 2, 2013, 08:58 AM
    How long have you had experiences in the home? Since you moved in or only recently?

I have lived in a home built in the 1800s... they are noisy. It only takes the wind blowing to cause the home to shift and make sounds. I'm not doubting what you are hearing, only suggesting a possible explanation.
    asd1962 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 09:05 AM
    If you know any one can read from holly books by god well the voices will disapeer

Nov 2, 2013, 09:27 AM
    The sounds have been here since we moved in. We remodeled much of the home to get the "old house" smell out of it. Still there are footsteps and voices occasionally and our dog continues to hear and growl or bark at the sounds.

Nov 2, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asd1962 View Post
    If you know any one can read from holly books by god well the voices will disapeer
    We ate spiritual people and read devotions and study Gods word very often. We even have bible studies here.

Nov 2, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Darb1111 View Post
    We ate spiritual people and read devotions and study Gods word very often. We even have bible studies here.
    Stupid auto correct.. Should be "are" not "ate" lol.

Nov 2, 2013, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    How long have you had experiences in the home? Since you moved in or only recently?

I have lived in a home built in the 1800s... they are noisy. It only takes the wind blowing to cause the home to shift and make sounds. I'm not doubting what you are hearing, only suggesting a possible explanation.
    I realize the age of the home and creaks etc. But I am almost 60 yes old and have lived in many old homes and never heard footsteps or voices before.

Nov 2, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Well, let me ask you this... in your study of the Word what can you tell me about the spirit world? If you believe this is a spirit entity... have you taken any steps to try and make it leave or stop the manifestations?

Nov 2, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Hauntinghelper,
    All I know is that there are good and evil forces all around us. I would not know where to start to get rid of spirits... maybe praying throughout the house in each room, then move outside and circle the property praying all the while...

Nov 3, 2013, 06:38 AM
    As a Christian, the first thing you need to know about this type of manifestation is that you have authority over it through Christ. Hauntings and the like are not from good or even human spirits... they are of the fallen sort. Remember in the book of Luke Christ gave His followers authority over every evil power through His name... and even the promise that nothing shall hurt you. Remember in the Great Commission that Christ said "they that believe" shall cast out demons in His name. Believers have authority over the spirit world... most just don't know it or believe it.

If you've done nothing in your home to give a spirit a right there, then you by all means have every right to make it leave. Remember, in the Word, how is every spirit dealt with? Christ and anyone else that removed a spirit did so by casting it out themselves. They didn't pray for God to do it... why should He, He gave His church the power to do so. So the prayer of binding and removing a spirit is done by the believer in Christ's name. So, as you said, I would recommend going around each room and even around the property, commanding every unclean spirit to leave and not come back. Tell it that your home is covered by the Blood of Jesus and that their right there is removed. Command no more manifestations to be made of any sort and that the spirit cannot come back. This is nothing ritual... you're not sprinkling Holy Water, you're not repeating once piece of scripture over and over... you're simply taking that divine authority given to believers and exercising it. Remember this prayer is to be done in Jesus' name... because it is by His power that we have authority... it is nothing in us that makes this work except our faith in Jesus and His work at the cross.

Hope this helps, God bless.

Nov 3, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Thank you for the reassurance hauntinghelper. As 1John 4:4 says: He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world. I will let you know the positive results soon!
    In Christ

Nov 4, 2013, 04:42 PM
    That's exactly right... no matter what comes up against you... what you have inside is greater than anything the enemy has to put against you. God bless and be safe. Let us know how things go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I hear footsteps in my house [ 1 Answers ]

So this is how it happened. I was home alone on my laptop when I start to hear footsteps, and what seemed to be the sound of rubbing in the kitchen. When I go to look there is nothing there, I thought that maybe it could've been a rodent or something like that. So I try to ignore it but than it...

What is name of movie with inherited house, self-playing piano, clomping footsteps? [ 0 Answers ]

Saw it on late night TV or possible movie rental in late 1980's. She inherits house (haunted) and piano would start playing classical music. Clomping footsteps in hallway. At one point she is thrown against the wall and choked by unknown something.

Sounds of footsteps upstairs [ 4 Answers ]

We would be watching TV down stairs and hear footsteps up stairs . We are wondering if that just cause the house is settleing or there is something moving around up there?

Voices and footsteps [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend whom has two small children under the age of 2. When she had her first child, she started hearing a male voice with footsteps and the laughter of small children. As her daughter got a little older things quieted down. Now she has had a second child and it all has started up again...

View more questions Search