Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylor3456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2013, 03:32 PM
    How do I tell my parent that I want to move in with my grandmother?
    Hey I'm 15 years old and I'm depressed. I miss my family very much in Chicago and I want to live back with my grandmother. My grandmother raised me for about 8 years since I was a baby but I decided that I wanted to live with my mother. Looking back I completely regret my decision. The last time I saw my grandmother I was only 11 years old and I haven't talk to her in 2 months. I'm now in Iowa and I miss my aunts, uncle, granparents, cousins, dad, etc. I told my mother I wanted to leave and that I miss them but she completely didn't listen to a word I said. I cry every night and its like she don't care. Or if I try to just visit them she always comes up with an excuse. "We dont have the money" even though she just got paid. What should I do to convince her that I'm depressed and I want to leave?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Was this move to Iowa to be with your mom a court order?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 09:11 PM
    Agree, who has legal custody, where is the father in all of this/

But it also sounds like you are not trying to make new friends and learn to like the new life.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2013, 05:43 PM
    First, of all, when someone says we don't have the money, it normally means that the money they just received in their paycheck is tied up with bills, not that they physically don't have the dollar amount you are requesting. Just tell your mother you want to move back with your grandmother. Have you asked her if that would be okay with her? Or have you asked your grandmother if that would be all right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my parents to let me move with my grandmother [ 6 Answers ]

Ask your parents for a trial stay with your grandma for say one school year and see what they say about that.

Custodial parent wants to move [ 2 Answers ]

I have a custody agreement the dad and son live in pa I live in md the dad wants to up in move to Florida with my son what can I do ?

Rights for unmarried parent when the other parent wants to move out of state. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am worried about my grandson. His mother is thinking about moving to WYOMING! My son and she are not married and I would like to know what his rights are. Can she just pick up and move? Can we as grandparents so anything to prevent her from moving somewhere that we cannot see our...

Custodial parent move from Ca to Tx [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I used to share custody of the kids and in April I gained sole legal and physical custody of the children. He has supervised visitation with the kids approximately once a week. I would like to move to Texas and was wondering what should I do to prepare to present this to the court. ...

Custodial Parent Move Away [ 7 Answers ]

In the instance where there is a current DV restraining order against the NCP, together with limited visitation between the NCP and the child, the parties were never married, and the custodial parent already has both 100% legal and physical custody, does the custodial parent need permission from...

View more questions Search