Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judy Larson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2013, 04:29 AM
    Can my husband get a loan on my car with my name on the title
    My husband took out a loan in his name only against our car. My name is on the title also? Is that legal in MN for a bank to give him a loan without my signature? It is in Minnesota.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2013, 04:44 AM
    Did the bank put a lien on the title? Unless the loan is specifically secured by a lien against the title, then it doesn't matter. If a lien was filed, its not that it is illegal, but the lien may only be able to be enforced against his share of the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Car Loan in Husband's name. I want to keep the car after divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are currently in the process of selling our house and paying off our debts, then filing for divorce. The problem is we won't have enough left to pay off the car loan (which is financed solely in his name). I have no problem making the car payment until the car is paid off, but...

Car won't pass inspection, no title, no car, big loan [ 4 Answers ]

#1 Report Inappropriate Post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/amhd_imgs/statusicon/post_old.gif Yesterday, 03:54 PM jpt123svt vbmenu_register("postmenu_1114330", true); New Member https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/amhd_imgs/statusicon/user_offline.gif Join Date: Jun 2008 Posts: 1 ...

Removing ex-husband's name from car title - no loan involved [ 1 Answers ]

My vechicle is in my name and my ex-husband's name. There is no loan involved but we must get the vehicle in my name only for the obvious reasons but also so that we can separate our insurance policies. What is the best way to do this without hiring an attorney and paying sales taxes? Is there...

View more questions Search