Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanierojas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2013, 09:36 PM
    belly ring problem
    I can't take my belly ring off :(! I don't want it anymore but it just won't unscrew what do I do!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 09:43 PM
    When one of my earrings got embedded in one of my pierced ears, I had to go to my doctor to get it unscrewed and removed. Even my husband couldn't get it loose.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
    You may need to go to a piercer. If you haven't removed it for a long time it can rust, or body fluids (sweat, etc) can literally fasten the screw together. It's a lot like having an old rusty screw on a cabinet. Sometimes you need a professional to get it off. If a piercer can't help, see your doctor, they may have to cut it off (they have tools to do this and it shouldn't hurt).

To WG. You had screw on earrings? I've never seen earrings like that. Belly piercings yes, they're literally screw on, like a real screw. Earrings usually just have a backing, much easier to remove. I'd be really interested in seeing screw on earrings.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    To WG. You had screw on earrings? I've never seen earrings like that.
    The little stud thing that was at the back of the lobe screwed into the post that went around the lobe. A pearl was at the front part of the earring -- something like this --
    Name:  a.earring.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  2.4 KB
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 30, 2013, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The little stud thing that was at the back of the lobe screwed into the post that went around the lobe. A pearl was at the front part of the earring -- something like this --
    Name:  a.earring.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  2.4 KB
    Oh, a clip on earring. I had one exactly like the picture.

But I'm talking about a pierced ear, and in the OP's case, a bellybutton piercing which is an actual screw.

Google Image Result for http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/533566/5739211/0/1209024151/belly_button_ring.jpg

This is a common type belly button ring. The silver ball unscrews, you put in the ring, and then screw on the silver ball. Not at all like an earring.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Oh, a clip on earring.
    My ears are pierced and it was not a clip-on earring. The bar part was pushed and twisted into the piercing and ended up at the back of the pearl. They were a gift -- and I never wore them again. I do not wear clip ons. This is what I usually wear --
    Name:  a.pearl..jpg
Views: 572
Size:  3.0 KB

And yes, the OP needs to go back to the piercer or see her doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly ring [ 2 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced in jan. and it's now the end of march. I want to change my ring but cannot unscrew the balls! My friend thinks its crusted and to let it soak.. Any suggestions

Can I use tongue ring balls on my belly ring? [ 1 Answers ]

Can the balls of tongue rings be used on belly rings? I mean the jewelry for both piercings are barbells with screwable balls.

Can you put a ragular belly ring in if you persed it with a eye brow ring? [ 2 Answers ]

**** edited by moderator, If I can read, youth, I don't take time to spell or write full words ** Can you put a regular belly ring in, if you pierced it with a eye brow ring ?

View more questions Search