Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wyld4wit Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Timing marks
    I can't seem to find the timing marks on a dodge 360. I have located the mark on the harmonic balancer,but can't find the ones on the block. Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2013, 08:06 PM
    Boy you are testing me. Been 40 + years on one of those. Some of them were timed through a hole in the right side of the block and the flywheels. Set #1 TDC on compression and see if there is a hole that is in front of the flywheel. Look for marks on the flywheels and chalk them. Others had a small steel flange on the valley plate or intake manifold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timing marks on B&S [ 0 Answers ]

I have a briggs and stratton 12.5 and trying to figure out the timing marks to put it back together.Replaced the connecting rod nothing else was broke.

Timing marks for jeep 4.7 v8 [ 2 Answers ]

I took chain off a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 by removing one of the pins as you would a bicycle chain. At any rate I did not remove the camshaft gear so the 2 cams are still in sync. Now when I put this back to gether how should I line up the crank shaft and the main camshaft gear?

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

Honda crx Timing belt marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have owned my 90 honda crx si d16a6 for almost 10 years now and have put 3 engines 1 tranny and long list of parts into this machine. No matter what I do it, no matter how challenging it seems, the one thing that seems to be an issue are the damn timing belt marks. Countless...

92 Civic timing marks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. First time here. Looks like a great place. Here's my problem, I got this Honda given to me. First time for a Honda. Engine does run but has a loud knocking at idle that sounds like a rod knocking. I pulled the plug wires off one at a time and all but one made a big difference. I want to...

View more questions Search